The Force Awakens

Ej's POV

I was enjoying my small grad party that Gina got  everyone in the theater to put together for me. We were at Big Red's pizzeria celebrating my last full day of high school. I finished all of my exams early that way I can enjoy senior week and coast to graduation day which is two weeks away. We were all eating, talking and just having a good time. It was a bit emotional because they made me a tribute video with not only my waterpolo moments but of all the plays I've been in theatre and my time in av. They had tons of people say nice things about me and it was nice how everyone in theater had great things to say about me too. I didn't cry I was just really appreciative. Gina put in so much work getting everyone to pull this off and even surprise me at that.

I made a speech thanking everyone there for their friendship, support and love throughout the years. I kept it short and sweet. I didn't leave anyone out. I am not going to let this make me over emotional and cry. I am not a crier. It was karaoke time.  We were taking pictures and videos of everyone singing. I was sitting with Gina then her phone goes off.

"Hey Godmommy..............wait can you hang on a second...." Gina was saying

"Babe I'm sorry I have to take this. It's my godmother...I'll be right back" Gina said to me

"You're fine, but hurry back babe" I said to her.

Gina took the call outside so she can hear. Ashlyn pulled me to do a duet with her. We sung Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5. Then our duet went into me being in a boy band with Ricky, Seb and Anthony. We were singing a bunch of songs. I started to get tired so I sat down to rest. I was having fun. But I noticed I was having too much fun without my girlfriend. She's been gone for awhile on that phone call and she still hasn't come back yet. I'm starting to think that phone call is about her mom and something must be wrong.  I went outside and saw her on the bench. From her body language I can tell something is wrong.

"Gina, baby what's wrong? What happened?" I said walking over to her. She stood up and faced me. I put my hands on her shoulders. She look like she's been crying. Something is wrong

"I'm sorry about that babe. I needed a moment to myself to pull it together before I came back in....I'm good now...are you having fun" Gina said with a fake smile while trying to avoid talking about what happened

"Stop, what happened? Is your mom okay?" I asked her worried

"Everything is going to be okay. I'll tell you about it later. Tonight is all about you. We are celebrating so we can go back inside to do just that." Gina said trying to act like nothing is wrong when clearly it is.

"Gi, I can't enjoy myself not knowing what's going on. So I'm not going in back there and you are not going back in there until you tell me what's wrong. " I begged to know. She took a deep breath and then let it out.

"My godmother Ruby called me and told me my mom was in an accident at work. A building that she was working out of..the ceiling collapsed and she fell as it collapsed. She's alive thank God but I don't know how serious her injuries are. My godmother she works with my mom. She's there at the hospital now and she's keeping me posted on what's going on." Gina explained I was about to say something until her phone went off again. She answered it quickly it.

"Baby I'm back here with your mom, be gentle with your voice I have you on speaker. Your mom wants to talk to you" I was able to hear who must be her Godmother say.

"Mom it's me can you hear me..............I'm right here.......he's with me right now......I'm coming to see you as soon as I can.......I love you mom.........ok...........what did they say.............ok......wow.....she is so blessed..........thank you Gem....I'll call you back......I love you too" Gina said hang up the phone.