Sick

Gina's POV

I almost over slept if it weren't for Ashlyn waking me up. Usually Ej calls me and I wake up and talk to him for a few minutes then get up and get ready for school.

I realized after my shower that Ej didn't call me. That's unusual. So I called him and he didn't answer. I text him and no response back. Maybe he overslept and might be getting ready to head to school. So I finished getting ready.

Once we got to school I walked everywhere looking for Ej and still I couldn't find him. I sent him one more text. I still didn't get a reply. Now I'm really starting to think something is wrong.

I had been going through the day worried. I haven't heard from Ej and I'm starting to be really annoyed at everything. I asked Ash to call and she hasn't heard back from him either. Finally in last period Ashlyn spoke to his mom.

Apparently Ej has been home sick with the flu all day. He's been sleep the entire time. Finally I feel relieved to know what was going. It feels like this stress weight dropped off my body.

I asked Ash to take me to the store so I could buy him some stuff and dropped it off. I brought him a pack of tshirts, pedialyte, body armor, 2 of his favorite snacks, emergen-c packs, vicks vapor rub. lavender eucalyptus soap by Dial & a teddy bear.  I bought a big gift bag so I could dump everything into it.  Ash gave me a ride over to his house. Ash called his Mom and told her we were coming to drop off my care package.

When we arrived I pushed the doorbell. We said our hellos and small talk and that was it. We came back home and finally Ej FaceTimed me.

"Hey baby"  I answered the phone

"Hey babe. I'm sorry" He said in his sick voice. He's looking a little weak.

"Babe no don't apologize. You're sick. Did you see the my care package" I asked

"I do, babe you didn't have to do that but thank you so much. Especially for the Ts. I can't wait to put on a fresh one" he said he then called coughed for a bit and then stopped. I feel so bad for him.

"Baby, I think you should go back to sleep and rest" I said

"No I've been sleep all day. I haven't talked to you all day or seen you. I want to talk to you" Ej complained

"Babe you really need your rest" I argued

"If you hang up on me, I will be really mad at you" He threatened. He knows I'll rush off the phone and hang up no problem. But only because he's sick I won't make him mad.

"It's just that you look so out of it" I said

"Anyway, how was your day" he asked

"It was ok. I missed you today" I said

"I missed you too. I wish you were here to rub my back" he said. He loves my back rubs I give him.

"I wish I was there to give you a back rub" I said

"Were you late to school today?
I know I normally wake you up" Ej asked

"Almost but Ash woke me up and we made it there still on time." I told him

"I'm sorry. I have been sleep since 9pm yesterday. I didn't wake upset until 12 today, I showered, I ate, I tried to text you but then I went back to sleep. Then I woke up and saw this huge bag by my bed. I got your card. Thank you again babe for this. I needed this" he said

"Of course. I just want you to feel better" I said

My door was opened by Ash.

"Hey Gi I just wanted to check on you and make sure you are ok" She said

"I'm good, Lazarus has woken up. Look" I said jokingly and showing her my phone.

"It's a miracle. Ej we've been worried about you all day. How are you feeling?" She asked him

"Hey Ash. I'm holding on" He said

"You keep on holding on. You look great" Ash said jokingly and making this funny face. I had to laugh because it was funny

"Thank you, i call it Nightquil . It's a trend that is going to flood the nation" Ej joked and then went into a coughing spell. Ash and I had that painful to see  look on our face. I hate seeing him sick.

"Keep holding on" Ash yelled. Her phone went off and she went away to answer it leaving me alone with a still coughing Ej.

"Babe it maybe time to to take some more medicine" I suggested

"You know what I want?" He said

"What?" I asked

"I want you to cuddle me." He said tiredly

"I got you that teddy bear for you to cuddle and think of me" I said

He made this weird "blah" noise. He had the bear on his lap but then laid down with it. It looks like he's starting to fall back to sleep. He's such a big baby but that's my baby.