Chapter 3

I was running! I don't know why but I know I had to keep running. Me feet hurt from the lack of shoes and the rocks beneath my feet. I approached a small wooden cabin on a lake. As I approached the cabin I saw my parents and 2 brothers standing by our cottage. They all looked at me and smiled a soft warming smile that I love. Just then the wind picked up and the clouds rolled in my parents looked at me they called me over but I didn't move I couldn't move. The cottage was blown down by the powerful wind, that had just rolled in. Just then the man in black come up behind my parents I yelled at them to watch out but they didn't hear. That's when the gun went off and my family was on the ground with blood around them. Chuck looked at me and said " Franny get out leave your not safe your not safe here." I watched my family die. And then I die. I wake up with sweat on my face it's been the same dream for the last 2 years but the man in black was never their and chuck had never said that to me. I get up and go into the bathroom. I have never told anyone about my dreams. I look at the clock on the bathroom wall. I still don't understand why it's their. Sandy said that school started at 9 and it was 6:25 so I met as well shower now. I hop in, the warm water is nice on my skin. I get out straighten my hair and do my make up. I get out of the bathroom just as coley is coming in. She doesn't say anything to me. I head back to my room and Taylor is up already dressed. I grab my high waste shorts and blue tank top.
" are you excited for your first day!" Taylor asked me probably more excited for me then I am.
" ya!" I said trying to put a lot of excitement in my voice. I could care less about a new school that I would mostly leave very soon, but I was excited that I had people I knew to go to school with me. My last foster homes I have had little brothers and sister. But I have never had a foster sister the same age as me.
" you'll love it! We can eat lunch together and we may even have our lockers by each other!" Taylor goes on, she reminds me of my brother chucks girlfriend she was so nice to me and we were the same age because me and chick were twins. I have never had a best friend before. Me and Taylor make are way down to the kitchen for breakfast. I set beside her and Sandy gives us a bowl of oatmeal. I thank her.
" so Franny I will drive you to school today so you can get your time table but you have to walk home after school with the girls ok?" Sandy says.
" yes thank you Sandy!" I say
" oh and here's a backpack on the coach it has two binders and a pencil case. I will buy your gym uniform for you today!" Sandy says with a smile.
"Thank you so much Sandy! For everything!" I say with a thankful smile. Me and Taylor finish our breakfast and head to Sandra car. The other girls have a spare so it's just me and Taylor. We pull up to the school. Taylor gets out and hugs me.
" I'll see you in a little bit! You will probably come into science late." I walk in the school with Sandy and looks of people are looking at me. She brings me to a nice big office. I get my time table and talk to the principal about my past schools (he seemed over friendly) by the time we leave the office everyone is in their first class. Sandy helps me find my locker she put a lock in my new backpack. I put all my things in my locker expect for my binder and pencil cause Sandy walks me to class and says good bye to me as I walk in all eyes are on me. Just another school for me to be new in.
**********
I walk to my locker after a my last class drama. Taylor and me had lunch together outside and I meet some of her friends Tiffany and June. They are really nice. Taylor walked up to me at my new locker.
" see that guy over their!" She whispered he had black hair and was very tall but I couldn't see his face his back was towards me.
" ya." I said
" that's James!" Taylor said with a cute happy smile on.
" ow is that the guy!" I said suddenly starting to get more into the conversation.
"Yes!" She said as he turned around. As soon as he turned around we made eye contact my mouth dropped at the face I was looking at. He blinked a couple of times and then came up to me and Taylor.
" Franny? Is that you!?" James said to me. I looked straight at the tears lingering in my eyes.
" James?!" I say. He looks straight at me and hugs me, a nice warming hug.
" what are you doing here?" He asked still holding me in the hug.
" this is my new school." I say. He lets go of me and wipes the tears from my eyes.
" how are you?" He asks
" wait you know each other?" Taylor asks.
" yes!" James says as he puts his arm around me.
" he was my brothers bestfriend!" I say. She looks at me and I can see her face expansion change.