Chapter 4

I walk out of school with Taylor and James.
" Franny I have missed you so much how are you?" James asked me
" I'm good! I miss you too." I said as I look at my brothers bestfriend for the 10th time in the last 5 minutes.
" the last time I saw you was at the funeral." James says as he puts his arm around me very lazy. Just then a car pulls up and rolls down the window. An older lady is in the car. As soon as I make eye contact with her I smile.
" oh god... Franny!!" The women yells as she get out of the car and hugs me. This women isn't just anyone she is James mother and was my mothers bestfriend. When Mays arms are rapped around me I don't dare hold back the tears I have been fighting for the last 2 years.
" Franny I have missed you so much! You know I tried so hard to get custody over you but they already had a house for you!" She sobbed into my hair. She let go of me and I wiped my tears I looked at James and say he had tears in his eyes. He hugs me so tight.
" Franny I have missed you so much!" James said. I hold on for as long as I can this is the closest thing I will ever get to my family.
"Franny we should be heading home now! We don't want Sandy to get worried!" Taylor says.
" ok" I say as my real life kicks in. I let go of James
" Franny! Remember you are always welcomed in our home!" May says. I give her one last time and walk away from my old life.
" Franny!" James calls as he runs up to me. " Friday night theirs a party at my friends house. Do u want to go with me?" He asks. I hear taltor take a deep breath and remember this is her crush.
" I would love to! But can I bring Taylor?" I ask
" yes of course as long as you come." he says with the cutest smile ever a smile that reminded me of why I had a crush on him so many years ago.
" of course!" I say " see you tomorrow!"
" see you tomorrow?!" He says but it sounds more like a question. Me and Taylor make are way down to the sidewalk I hope she isn't mad. When we get on the sidewalk she stops and I look at her. She hugs me. It's a weird and nice feeling.
" are you ok?" She asks me " I mean it must have been hard seeing your brothers bestfriend!" She says. And from the moment on i felt safe.
**************
" it was so cool we blew up a ballon with a lighter!" Meagan yelled!
" wow you had a great day I guess!"Sandy said as she sat at the head of the table.
" so Franny how was your first day of school?" Sandy asked me.
"It was good!" I said. As I took a bite of my chicken.
" good? Frannys brothers best friend goes to our school she got to see him!" Taylor said with a soft smile towards me
" really?" Sandy said " how is that possible you didn't even live near here!"
" they moved here last year." I said " I used to write to him but after my 12 house I lost contact with him." I say. They all look at me. Then their was a Big Bang! The phone rang and Sandy got up to answer it.
" where's coley and Tina?" I asked Taylor
"Probably out with their friends." Taylor says.
"Wait wait wait coley calm down what happened?" I heard Sandy say into the phone. I looked at Taylor and she looked at me. Sandy came out with her car keys.
" Sandy what's going on?" Meagan said as she got up.
" Tina." Sandy said " she was shot."