Chapter 25

"How can we trust you?" My mom asks may. She looks at my mom.
"Because I'm not doing this for you I'm doing it for my son and your daughter!" May says looking at me and James.
"Stupid excuse I don't believe you!" I say not daring to look at james. I can't get lost in his beautiful eyes.
"Franny she wouldn't put my safety on the line and you know that." James says. I make the mistake of looking at him he has big black bags under his eyes. He looks like he hasn't slept in days. He has a bruise on his face my heart sinks a little.
" she always puts your life on the line she works with mike and sandy James! Your life is always on the line." I say looking into his eyes as I try to stay strong.
"Franny please!" James say as he looks at me with pledging eyes.
"What do you have in mind?" I ask may.
"We are in the basement of a science lad so you guys will climb out the window and James's will show you how a safe house till we get Sandy and the team off your tail." May says.
"We can't trust you may!" My mom says looking at the floor.
"As much as we want to we can't." My mom say looking up at her bestfriend.
"You can trust me willow please trust me!" May says. Just then the door starts to open. May uses her powers to hold the door.
"Go now!" She says. We all follow James out the window and into a dark night. Once everyone is outside we start running. I don't know where I'm going but I know that I have to keep running or I'll fall and get caught. We are in the middle of no where. It looks like we are in the country their is no trees it's just really long grass. I don't know where we are going or how far away we are from it.
"Their they are get them!" Someone shouts from behind us. I look back to see a truck with sandy mike and a couple of other people in it.
"Shit they found us!" James yells. He picks up the pace but I start to lag.
Bang!
"What was that?" I yell.
"They shooting at us!" James yells. Everyone is ahead of me with the truck slowly catching up. James stops.
"Keep running!" He yells. I run up to him.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Get on my back." He says.
"What?" I say.
"God damn it Franny get on now!" He yells. I jump on his back and he starts to run. Im surprised he can carry me and run at the same time. He is very muscular and gorgeous. Franny stop that! James starts to run and caughts up with the group.
"How far?" I ask him.
"We have to loss them before we can go into the house." James says almost out of breath. I feel so weak.
"James put me down your out of breath." I say.
"Franny I'm fine!" James says. The truck starts to speed up.
Bang!
I look back and Brody is on the ground.
"No!" I scream as the tears fall down my cheeks. He's body is still he isn't moving. The blood on his back is bold. I got my brother back and lost him again all in the same day. The truck stops. I fall off of James back and run towards Brody but don't make it far before I am being picked up again.
"We have to go Fran." Chuck says as he puts me on his back. My mom is breaking and I can tell she is strong and will never give up but I know the pain in my stomach isn't nearly as bad as how my mom is feeling. We follow James to an old abandoned house and run in. The house is old and half fallen down. Chuck puts me down and I hug him. It doesn't feel real. My mom is hugging my dad and I can hear her soft weeping. Chuck goes over to my mom and hugs her. Taylor is by the doorway looking out into the distance.
"What are you looking at?" I ask her. She looks at me.
"Something doesn't feel right." Taylor says.
"What do you mean?" I say.
" I don't know it just feels wrong I mean if they were coming after u why did they stop?" Taylor says looking at the field.
"Because they new they couldn't get us." I say.
"No they let us go....... I don't know why but they needed us to go. I know this sounds bad but I think we should have stayed in the lab." Taylor says looking at me with a worried expression.
-
"Follow me." James says as he leads us to the basement downstairs.
"Where are we going?" I ask james.
"To the safe house." He says simply.
"Aren't we in the safe house?" Taylor asks from behind me. James looks back.
" no." He says simply. We reach the bottom step. The basement is creepy it has cob webs in ever corner. It is open and has no walls except for the 4 outer walls supporting the building. Their is no furniture making it seem even more creepy. James comes up to me.
"It's throw that door!" He whispers in my ear as he points to a black door. It blends in and if he didn't show me it then I wouldn't have seen it. I walk up to the door and open it slowly. As the door opens the room starts to fill with noises. I open the door all the way. I can't see anything but a bright light that is fills the door.
"What is this place?" I ask James. Just then a figure comes into view.
"Hi I'm Mindy!" The figure says as she comes into view. She is very tall and has blond hair and purple eyes. She looks older maybe in her 40's.
"Hi I'm" I am cut off by Mindy.
"I know who you are your Franny daughter of Willow and Christian light. You have two brothers Brody light and Chuck light who is your twin. You are a ghost whisperer and have such a strong gift. We know all about you franny, and yours as well Taylor." Mindy says. As she looks towards me and my family then at taylor. My heart hurts when she says Brody's name. He spent the last two years of his life in a lad he didn't get to live and then they killed him. I hold back the tears.
"How?" I ask.
"We have been watching over you since the day you were born we know more about you then you know about your selfs." Mindy says.
"Well that's not creepy." Taylor says sarcastically.
"You are our people and we have to watch over our people." Mindy says.
"What do you mean by 'our people' ?" I ask.
"That will all be explained later but for now." Mindy says as she jesters for us to come in.
"Welcome to Fort Mist!" Mindy says as we walk into the light.