Chapter 20

"Taylor." I say as I walk up to her. "Sandy put a missing person reward out for us." I say.
"What?" Taylor asks. As she grabs a bag of chips.
"We have to disguise our selfs so no one recognize us." I say. Taylor grabs a 2 hats and two sunglasses.
"That's not going to cut it." I say. She looks at me and buys a it anyways along with 2 bags of chips and a pair of scissors. We get on the train with our hats an glasses on an I know what is next. As we start moving Taylor gets up an I follow close behind. We go into the washroom with our bag.
"We have to do this!" Taylor says. As she pulls out the scissors. I look at my long strawberry blond hair. And nod my head I close my eyes and let Taylor do the rest.
"All done." Taylor says after a few minutes. I open my eyes. My thick hair is just under my chin line. It doesn't look great but it doesn't look bad either.
"My turn." Taylor says. I take the scissors from her and look at her brown hair. It wasn't as long as mine but it still is a good length. I take the scissors and cut it short in the back and a little bit longer in the front. I finish up it suits her.
"All done." I say. She opens her eyes and smiles.
"I love it!" She says.
"When we get to your grandmas house we should die our hair so no one will notice." I say. Taylor nods her head. We clean up the hair and walk back to our sets.
"We shouldn't get off the bus." I whisper to Taylor. She nods. We sit in silence. 3 hours have passed and we have only hit one other rest stop. How long is this drive. Just then the train stops as we enter a boarding area. I look out the window and see Sandy.
"Taylor follow me to the bathrooms." I whisper she looks at me but doesn't say anything. She gets up and I follow her to the bathroom. She closes the door.
"What is it?" She whispers.
"Sandy she's outside." Taylor says.
"Hi everyone we are looking for two girls." A voice says. "Here are some pictures of the girls." Another voice says.
"Um excuse me why are you on my train?" The conductor says.
"We checked the video cameras and saw them get on this train." The first voice says.
"Please have you seen them they are my kids." Sandy says. I am tempted to go out there and yell at her. But I can't she can't see us.
"I'm sorry I haven't seen them." The conductor says.
"Can we check the train please?" The first voice says.
"Yes but please hurry up we are on a schedule." The conductor says. We hear footsteps by the door and their is a knock on it.
"Hello?"
"Hi yes I'm in here!" I say in a deep voice.
"Sorry." The voice says. We hear the footsteps and then a voice saying.
"Thank you." Before we start moving again.
"How close are we?" I ask Taylor.
"1 more stop and we can walk the rest of the way." Taylor says.
"Do you want to wait here till the stop?" I ask her. She looks at me.
"I don't."Taylor says. We decide to stay in the bathroom. After what feels like 6 hours the train stops and we get out of the train. We walk out of the station and there is a police officer right there. Me and Taylor look at each other.
"Excuse me girls may I talk to you two please for a moment." He says as we walk by. We have our sunglasses on and hats but what if he notices its us.
"Yes what can we do for you officer?" I ask as we walk closer to them.
"I'm looking for two missing people..... You just came off the train right?" The officers asks.
"Yes we did." Taylor says.
"Ok great I was wondering if you saw these girls." The officers says as he passes us some pictures of our selfs. How did Sandy get this picture of me? I wonder.
"No haven't seen them." I say. "Sorry."
"Oh I've seen them they were getting on the train to Florida." Taylor says.
"Really? Thank you so much!" The officer says. We start walking away. I hear the officer tell all the others what Taylor just told him.
"Your so smart!" I said with a little laugh. We walk for a good 30 minutes until we stop in front of large gate with a stone wall around a big piece of property. Throw the gate I can see a big house with a pointy roof. The house looks old it has vines crowing up the walls of the house.
"This is it!" Taylor says with a soft smile. "I'm home."