Chapter 16

"That was a really fun day!" James says as he hands me an ice cream cone from the little store on the beach. Me Taylor Nick James Meagan avery and Sandy all sit at a picnic table out front of the cute shop.
"Ya! It was!" I say a little surprised I have never liked the beach that much. I love swimming but off my dock at my cottage.
"So funny we ran into you!" Sandy says. Just then a black thick man with black hair and dark brown bitty eyes.
"Sandy!" He says very angry.
"Ed you have to leave me alone...... Stop following me!" She says "Tina is gone thanks to you!" She yells.
"You know that's not true!" Ed says as he walks towards us. "I would never kill Tina I loved her! And you new that you knew she was going to leave you so where is she?!" He asks. In the heat of the moment I got up and walked over to the scary looking man.
"Can I talk to you?" I ask him. Everyone looks confused except for Taylor. Ed looks at me and then walks toward the parking lot. I took that as a yes. I follow him until he stops and turns around.
"You got 5 minutes!" Ed yells.
"Ok...... I'm Franny I was one of Tina's foster sisters. I'm sorry to tell you but she did pass away." I say. He looks at me an I can see the tears in his eyes.
"Her funeral is next Saturday. If you would like to come please do...... And I was wondering umm if you knew like anyone that may have wanted her dead or like wanted her gone?" I ask him.
"Thank you. And not that I'm aware..... Why do you ask?" Ed asks me I can see him starting to soften up.
"Please don't tell anyone but...... I'm trying to find out who shot her." I whisper he looks at me and mouths thank you. As a hand grabs my wast.
"Thank you Franny I will see you next Saturday!" He says as he walks away.
"Just wait!" He says as he walks back up to me. "Here is my number just in case you need any help!" Ed says as he grabs a piece of paper and a pen and writes down his number and hands it to me. He walks away.
"What the hell was that about?!" James says as Ed is out of war rang.
"I invited him to Tina's funeral." I say.
"What!why would you do that are you crazy?!" He asks.
"What's so wrong with that?" I ask him as I make my way back to everyone.
"Franny wait!" He yells. I turn around.
"What?" I say.
"Why would you do that when he killed her?" He asks me.
"Really? You think he killed her?" I ask not wanting to know the answer.
"Yes!" He says. I look at him I'm discussed by what I see. This is not the James I new grouping up.
"You really think he would kill someone he loves? You know that look in his eyes when he found out she died. No one told him he was worried sick. I could see the bags under his eyes he hasn't slept in days. James he wouldn't have killed her!" I say.
"So what are you know a detective?" He says. I look at him and walk away and whispered.
"Ass hole."
"What's that?" He asks. I turn around.
"YOUR AN ASS HOLE!" I yell and walk over to the table.
"Can we go?" I ask Sandy she looks at me and then James and nods. We walk to the car. The drive home is quite. What turned out to be a good day ended up being a shitie ass day.
**************
I wake up to the sounds of voices coming from down stairs. I walk over to my closed bedroom door and listen.
"You moron! You were supposed to make her happy not make her hate you!" Sandy yells at someone.
"I'm sorry ok..... But she's onto us!" A voice says. I open the door slowly and listen.
"You dip shit I know she's into us she found the book!" Sandy says to the other voice.
"Sandy I can't do this I have real feelings for her and if she finds out she will hate me!" The voice says.
"You know what I can do to her you wouldn't dare leave me! I can make her pay! Just like her father did." Sandy says.
"You leave her alone!" The voices says. I walk over by the stairs and look down, at the source of the another voice. My mouth drops as me eyes stare down at James.