Chapter 21

Taylor pulls out a key from her bag and unlocks the gate. We walk in and follow the long path to the old house. Their is a lot of tall trees all around the property. The path has dead flowers all the way up to the house. Just as we are about halfway to the house the front door opens and an short old lady with grey hair comes out of the house with a big smile on her face. Taylor runs up and hugs her. I jog up to them.
"Taylor you shouldn't be here this is the first place they are going to check." Her grandmother says. She looks at me and her face goes dark. "What is she doing here?"
"Grandma this is Franny. The girl I told you about." Taylor says.
"I'm sorry. You have a very strong gift do you know that?" Taylor's grandmother says.
"Yes." I say. "And so does Taylor she has the vision of touch." I say. Taylor's grandmother look at me.
"How do you know that?" She asks me. I grab my bag with my fathers diary and all the books for the bookcase and show her it. She looks at me.
"Come with me!" She says as me and Taylor follow her into her house. As we get inside of the old house their is a formal stair case and a hall going past it. We follow Taylor's grandmother into the kitchen. Their is a small table by the window with four chairs. The kitchen is big for an old house it has old cabinets and a nice big island. We sit down at the little table by a big window showing a big back yard.
"Taylor tells me that you came to the foster home because no one wanted you." Her grandmother says looking right into my eyes I don't dare look away no matter how hurt I am.
"Granny!" Taylor yells.
"What? I wanted to know why she thinks this?" Taylor's grandmother says.
"My first house took a lot of time to get used to. My third week in I started seeing things. My mother once told me I have a crazy imagination." I say looking away from the wrath of Taylor grandmother.
"Your a ghost whisperer." She said looking at me. I look up to see the softness in her eyes. Just then their is a knock on the door.
"Grab your things and go into the safe room!" Taylor's grandmother says to Taylor in a soft voice. I follow Taylor down into the basement and into a cold room.
"You didn't see anything." Taylor says as she moves a picture on the shelf to the side and punches in a code that opens a wall to the right of me. We bring out stuff in just as I hear Sandy yelling at Taylor's grandmother. We walk into a dark room with a red door on the other side of it. I walk up to the door.
"Franny no!" Taylor says as she closes the door that we came from.
"What?" I ask as I turn around.
"This is the safe room." Taylor says looking around at the black room.
"What's that room?" I ask pointing at the door. Taylor looks at me.
"The world we came from." She says.