Coffee

Coffee- 26

Taylor POV
Harry had come in and instantly sat down next to Olivia and I on the couch, Alice was standing in the doorway of the hall to the bedrooms and the bathroom but I could tell they had been planning something outside. Harry placed his hand on my thigh and clearly was trying to get my attention or wanted to talk but right now my main attention was on Olivia so he would just have to wait.
“Hey Livy, you wanna come and do some colouring with me?” Alice asked clearly she knew Harry wouldn’t talk until we were alone and to do that she really had to take the child away.
“But…But aren’t you going on holiday with Uncle Alex” Olivia asked and I smiled because she was clearly thinking about exactly what I had been thinking when I got back from the graduation this morning, especially as she had said that they were going to be leaving reasonable early.
“Well Uncle Alex had to work today and so we’re going to be leaving later this afternoon when he’s ready…Now I have a Disney princesses picture that needs your expertise missy, are you coming or not?” Alice said and I saw the smile light up on Olivia’s face as she climbed off me and went with Alice to do some colouring. I turned to Harry and looked at him waiting for him to talk because I had to leave soon if I was going to get to coffee with Harry’s mother on time and I really didn’t want to make things worse by being late.  

“Why are you going for coffee with my mother?” Harry asked after a moment of silence. I was honestly surprised by the question considering I thought her actions of late would make it rather obvious.
“She and I need to talk and I wanted a public place so that things wouldn’t turn ugly…” I try to explain before Harry interrupts me.
“Then I’m coming too” He says, he seriously has some nerve if he’s just going to ditch Olivia like that and come with me. I was not going to let him get involved this time.
“No you’re not, no way. You have a daughter to look after and this is my problem so I can deal with it” I say but he just shakes his head and I knew he was completely disagreeing with me there but I wasn’t going to let him come.
“And you’re my girlfriend whom I’m not going to let get hurt any more than she already has by my mother…So that makes it my problem too” Harry said but he wasn’t coming with me and that was final.
“You’re not coming Harry as you should have other things to worry about right now like work and Olivia. I just need to get everything with your mother out in the open and I can only do that if it’s just her and I. I love that you want to help me out in this but you can’t” I explain before getting up and going to grab my shoes from my room along with my purse as I really needed to be going.
“But my mother won’t hold back on you if I’m not there and I really don’t want you to get hurt if she just unleashes it all on you. I love you Taylor and I don’t want to think about losing you” Harry says to which I just can’t help but smiling at the line and how cute it is.
“Well I love you too but I can deal with this trust me…Now I’ll call you when I’m done and see where you guys are” I say grabbing my purse, giving Harry a quick kiss and then walking out the front door of the apartment.

I couldn’t see Harry’s mother when I first arrived at the coffee shop where I had agreed to meet her but I did spot Harry’s father Des sitting at one of the tables in the corner, clearly Harry’s mother had brought him along for the support whilst she rips into me. But I knew that Des was nice so perhaps he would be on my side in all of this.
“Des, what are you doing here? I thought it was just going to be Anne and I?” I asked using first name basis with Harry’s dad so that I could make a good impression and seem polite like I always try to be.
“Well I came along mainly as I needed to apologise to you for everything that happened this morning and say that what Anne did was completely unacceptable, I know that my son really loves you and I don’t want for Anne to push you away from him and Olivia. I mean you’re the reason which he has been able to turn his life around like he did and honestly I’ve never seen him as happy as he is when he’s with you” Des explained and I couldn’t help but smile at how nice that was of him to say.