Explanations

Explanations - 28

Harry POV
“Surprise!” I say smiling a little and hoping that the shock she had practically written all over her face right now was a good thing.
“Anthony, go to Nanny. Good boy. What are you doing here?” Taylor asks after the little boy has left us. She steps outside and straight into my arms which is an opportunity for me to steal a kiss and just hold her close after so long apart from her.
“Well you know 3 weeks of minimal contact from you and missing you like crazy makes a guy like me do crazy things. Such as come here especially to see you, Austin knew I was coming and clearly did a good job of hiding it” I say and Taylor just rolls her eyes.
“I’m going to kill that boy” She says before taking my hand and trying to pull me inside behind her but I had other ideas, I needed to know who that little boy was before I made my way anywhere with Taylor.

“Who’s the kid?” I asked rather plainly but right now all I wanted was to know who the boy was and not worry about what the way I asked it was like.
“He’s my son Anthony. He’s the result of Jake’s attack on me and he’s also the reason that I had planned to come back here for so long – apart from seeing my childhood friends. He’s going to start school next week and I wanted to make sure I was here when he did that as well as spending time with him over the holidays.  Please don’t hate me, I’ve been meaning to tell you for a while now but I’ve just never had the perfect opportunity to do so” Taylor says and I’m shocked though it puts everything into perspective. Clearly he was the reasoning behind why she didn’t want to get pregnant again. It all made sense and although clearly he had been thinking I was going to get mad or something I could never see why she thought that as I wouldn’t get mad over the fact she had a son because I already had a daughter. 

Taylor’s family were all so warm and welcoming, I mean I really only met her parents as Austin didn’t live here and Anthony didn’t want anything to do with me. Taylor had explained that he was really shy around people he didn’t know but she was sure that in a couple of days we would get on like a house on fire. Anthony would come and sit with Taylor but whenever I went to talk to him he would just go all shy and hide his face in her chest which I guess would all make sense as he didn’t know me.
“So Harry, are you going to go with Taylor to court tomorrow?” Scott, Taylor’s dad asked after we’d all sat down at the dinner table for dinner. They eat dinner a little earlier then I’m used to but I guess that’s all to do with Anthony and how he eats early and they like to give him a true family dinner so they all eat with him. I had no idea that Taylor was going to go to court and clearly the look she was giving her father right now said that she wasn’t planning on telling me about it or maybe not yet.

“You’re going to court?” I asked anxious to hear why she was going to court, I would help her out in any way I could if she would just tell me about it. I was a little lost as to why she hadn’t been telling me about these kind of things when we’d spoken on the phone, I get how she’d not told me about Anthony but I didn’t get why she didn’t think that I would want to know about how she had to go to court – maybe she didn’t want me there and she knew that if she told me then I’d want to go with her and I’d fly out especially for it.
“Dad, I was going to tell him about that later. He’s only been here for nearly 2 hours and I’ve not really had a chance to properly tell him about that!” Taylor exclaimed clearly shutting the conversation about that topic down but I knew that we had to talk about that later. Taylor and I actually had a lot of catching up to do now that was for sure, I loved being around her and the fact I could just reach out and take her hand in mine again was fantastic. 

Anthony didn’t last long after dessert, Taylor wanted to get him to bed at a reasonable time as he’d been late to bed the night before. However he was going to bed earlier than she had been thinking now after he’d started to throw a tantrum over not being tired and how he was old enough to look after himself now to which Taylor had come down on him hard and instantly marched him upstairs to get into the bath and then go to bed. She was incredibly in control with that child it was amazing to see but I guess she’s got to be the demanding one as his mother and so she kind of had to be. I was sitting on the couch in the living room with Taylor’s parents whilst we waited for her to join us after getting Anthony to bed. It’s a weird situation to be in with being with Taylor’s parents and only really meeting them today but I wasn’t that intimidated as I knew that I could handle any questions that they threw at me.
“Harry, I think it’s rather sweet that you flew out here especially to surprise Taylor today. She would never admit it but she’s really been missing you whilst she’s been here” Andrea smiles to which I couldn’t help but smile sweetly at the compliment there. I had a feeling that Taylor had been missing me with how tight she had hugged me earlier but I wasn’t sure if that was just me over thinking things so it’s nice to hear it come from someone else.