Party Time

Party Time - 12

Harry POV
Today’s the day, today’s the day which I can go home to my loving family whom were all going to be round at my place for Olivia’s birthday party. Olivia didn’t want to have anything particularly big even though both Taylor and I agreed that turning 6 years old was a big thing for someone like her. Olivia just wanted to have her closest friends around and have a sleep over which was perfect for me – just as long as Taylor was there to help me during the whole time. Speaking of Taylor, in order to thank her for everything which she had done for me over the past couple of weeks that I’ve been in rehab and even when I was in hospital, I’d booked us a holiday. I’ve booked a romantic week away to the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean because I wanted to show her how much I am grateful that she’s mine and how much I truly love her.

I wanted to do something particularly special with her after the way which I’ve heard that my mother has been treating her. My dad had been to see me a couple of times when I was in rehab and he kept me rather well informed on the things which were going on back home. He told me about how Taylor was trying to juggling my company, college and looking after Olivia for me which was something which Taylor hadn’t mentioned once when she’d come to see me. Taylor had told me about how she had been busy with College and looking after Olivia but she didn’t mention that she was trying to run my company for me when I couldn’t because I was out of action. Dad had also told me about how mum thinks that Taylor is a bit of a waste of my time and attention, mum thinks that Taylor is clearly using me for my money and wealth. She thinks that the only reason which Taylor spends so much time with me is in the hope for a raise, that’s not the case at all though and I know it. Taylor genuinely loves me like she has said and I genuinely love her because she’s the best thing in my life next to Olivia right now.

That wasn’t the only thing which mum had been doing though, she had been taking out her hate for Taylor on Olivia. She had been trying to get Olivia to turn off Taylor and want her to leave so then I would get rid of her but Olivia adores Taylor. I didn’t approve of any of this that my mother was doing and especially where she was trying to get Olivia to dislike Taylor, Taylor was there for her when I wasn’t which is the best thing about her. There wasn’t another girl out there in the world today who could possibly top that, Taylor had been there through it all so she knew the effect on Olivia which it all had. It’s not easy to date a man who’s already had a wife and has a kid to prove it but Taylor simply takes it all in her stride like it’s no big deal at all. Seeing as I knew what had been going on at home even though I wasn’t there I knew that Taylor really would need the time away from it all on the holiday which I had booked. She would need time away and yet I would still be with her at the time so that we could have some proper couple time together. I only hoped that she liked it and would be excited about this week away with me, whenever I ended up telling her about it that is.

Taylor would be coming to pick me up with the driver once she is finished with her private tutorial with college or something that she had to do today. Olivia was at home with my parents, Claire’s parents and Gemma whom were all round at my place for lunch but for the party it would be Taylor, Gemma, her boyfriend Max and I which I felt was enough. I had practically begged Taylor to stay over the night with me whilst Gemma had invited herself to stay over the night with her boyfriend in the spare room. Some parents would think that a sleep over party at this age was a bit young and not a good idea but as it was what Olivia wanted I was willing to do it all.

I stood waiting outside the rehab centre but I didn’t have to wait too long till I saw my car pull up outside the main entrance. Once the car came to a complete stop the driver instantly jumped out and grabbed my bags whilst I just hobbled over to the back of the car and got in before placing the crutch which I used for assistance in walking by my feet. My knee was almost fully healed but I still had to do a couple of weeks physio therapy so it wasn’t expected to be back to normal just yet. I still struggle with walking up and down stairs but as today was the day where I had been allowed to go home, I was determined to be able to get up and down the stairs at my place. At my last session here at rehab the physio had said to take it slow and not push myself too hard though with what I’m like and how angry I get when I can’t do something, that is easier said than done. I’m the type of person who gets easily frustrated at not being able to do something which I was able to do before, I was hating being partially disabled at the moment that was for sure.