Birthday Surprise Part 1

Birthday Surprise Part 1 - 43

Taylor POV
I never thought that my birthday would come round so quickly, it's like everything in my life and things I have to do are always just flying by. It's like I'm in a speeding race car that is my life and I can't find the brakes or the way to get off. It seems like only yesterday Harry came home from the hospital and that was nearly 2 months ago now which is rather insane to think about. Speaking of Harry, he's told me to pack an overnight bag for tonight yet he hasn't told me where we're going or what we're going to be doing today. He just says that I should pack a bag, prepare something nice to wear for this evening and well he and the kids would have everything under control - which is slightly concerning know those 3 as well as I do. I love surprises but I hate the element of not know what is going to happen, which is kind of the whole point of surprises but I still like them. I just don't like the fact where you can't be in control and well I love to have control over everything in my life then I know things are going to work out and not having control kind of makes me stressed. I guess that my birthday is the one day of the year where I can learn to not have everything in control as it's really the day where I'm supposed to be spoiled and so I can't have everything in control - I just wish I knew what Harry and the kids were organising. However even with the brief time which we've all been home together today it's been the best birthday as I'm surrounded by the people I love and I was woken with breakfast in bed which meant that I didn't have to cook which was nice.

Harry was currently out with the kids somewhere but he again wouldn't tell me where, then we were going to spend the day at the zoo before Gemma looks after the kids for us overnight tonight whilst Harry whisks me somewhere that I'll need to dress smartly for and pack an overnight bag. I honestly have no idea what goes on in his head sometimes but then again I guess it's one of the many things that makes me love him as much as I do. I'm currently in the main bedroom packing a bag for tonight, trying to work out what I was going to need when I didn't know where we were going or what exactly we would be doing tomorrow. Although I do have this little outfit that I've been itching to try on with Harry since I bought it when I was in Nashville. I mean if we were going away overnight then there would be time when it was just him and I so it could be the perfect opportunity really. I take the lacy black outfit out of the box which I'd hidden at the back of the wardrobe and place it in my bag but down the bottom, away from prying eyes. Harry is the prying eyes, he's the kind of guy which likes to know what you pack when you go away and he will help himself to look inside your bags to see. When we went away to the Caribbean for a week I'd packed away from him so he had no idea what I had packed but this time we were in the same house and it wasn't going to be so easy to stop him from looking.

"Mommy we're home!!" I heard a voice shout through the house and I knew that was clearly Anthony and so Harry must be back with the kids.
"Where have you guys been?" I asked walking down the stairs and at both the children who were waiting for me whilst Charles and Harry were bring in shopping - clearly they had been shopping then.
"We went shopping so we have food when Daddy takes you away" Olivia said before hugging me. She was very much the hugger and well if you know me then you'll know I'm a rather big hugger so if she's the same then I'm perfectly happy with that, there is nothing wrong with hugging.
"Oh really? Do you know where Daddy is taking me? Did he tell you guys?" I asked hoping to get something out of them.

"Shhhh, can't tell mommy" Anthony repeated and I smirked as clearly Harry had drilled into them, but I knew one thing and that was a 5 and 6 year old aren't good with secrets so they would end up telling me if I talked to them for long enough.
"That's right buddy, you can't tell mommy where I'm taking her or it won't be a surprise for her. However her first part of the birthday surprise is sitting on the counter in the kitchen. You guys should go and show her" Harry said and they both smiled before grabbing my hands pulling me into the kitchen. All I saw was a cardboard box with a ribbon on the top and an envelope. The cardboard box was covered with holes so clearly there had to be something living inside it or else why would there be all the holes and why would he even have the cardboard box.