Heading Home

Heading Home - 41

Harry POV

There really is some sort of amazing feeling that you get when you're told that today is the day that you can finally get out of the hospital bed and head home to your family. It's been 2 months now since I was home last and honestly I couldn't wait to get back home and get back to the reality which was my life. The kids had really been acting up for Taylor as Anthony is jealous of Olivia and Olivia is just as jealous of Anthony — it sounds like they would make hell for Taylor. It must have been a relief for her to hear that I was going to be coming home today and I would be able to give her a bit of a break and control the kids so she could work on her placement with college. Taylor had been juggling that placement with mothering to two jealous kids, she needed to do well on this placement to prove how much of a good interior designer she has become from her time at college and I know she won't have been doing her best with looking after both the kids on her own and all the stresses that comes with that. I knew that she would be able to make up for anything that she's had letting her boss on this placement down, I just needed to take the kids away from her for a little while and help out where I can so she can focus and then she'll be the star of this placement I know it. 

I called for the car the minute which I knew that I could head home today and I was planning on surprising Taylor on her lunch break with the news I was home. I would get Charles to drive to Taylor's building and wait outside till I see her come outside and then he would encourage her into the car where I'll surprise her and take her out to lunch, I wanted for it to be more special than just a text message telling her that I'm home now and not in that stupid hospital bed anymore. I would be able to tell her that I would pick the kids up from school and allow her to have the afternoon to herself which she would like I was sure. I signed myself out of the hospital once I was handed the paperwork and the medication I needed to keep taking, I made my way out of the hospital room to the waiting area where Charles would get me when he arrives with the car.

"Sir, it's very nice to see you out of the hospital" Charles said taking my bags and we made our way to the elevator which would take us down to the car park where we could get into the car and head home.
"Thank you Charles, has everything been alright at home?" I asked hoping that he would tell me more about how things had been than Taylor was telling me which was that she's fine and the kids are fine so I didn't have to worry — how could I not when she said something like that?
"The children have been causing problems for Taylor but she seems to have it all under control. She'll like having you home though sir" Charles said before holding the door open for me so that I could get into the back seat.
"I know, they aren't exactly happy with each other at the moment — jealousy is a very hart trait to get over Charles. I've seen it with the way other men look at me whenever I'm out with Taylor or even when I was out with Claire. Anthony and Olivia aren't used to having to share Taylor and I but I'm sure they'll get over it" I say before he gets into the car and we head home. 

It was a rather different experience to come home to an empty house, it was just so quiet and I'd not been in a house this quiet for a rather long time that was for sure. I knew that when the kids got home later today, it was going to be a different story as they loved to make noise — or at least Olivia did. I actually had no idea what to do with myself at the moment though, I had never been home in a quiet house with nothing to do and it was far too early to go and surprise Taylor. Sure, I have work to be doing but I'm giving myself another day off as I'm not feeling the work right now to be completely honest with you and I was hardly going to do it if I wasn't feeling it. I should probably call my family and tell them I'm out now but I don't really need the stress of my family right now I thought and just like I had convinced myself to call them in one sentence, I'd also convinced myself not to in the same sentence. However I knew they would freak out if they came to see me at the hospital and I wasn't there anymore. It was as if it was fate for me not to call my parents because they started to call me, well it was more Gemma calling me but I knew that my parents were probably with her as they were always with her.