Heated Discussions

Heated Discussions - 13

Taylor POV
It’s now 9pm, all the girls are in bed or at least they are in Olivia’s room just preparing to go to bed or winding down before hopefully going to bed sometime soon. Gemma had gone for a stroll around the neighbourhood with Max for some ‘alone time’ together whilst Harry and I are sitting out on the back porch of his place just enjoying the clear night sky by admiring all the stars.
“I have absolutely no idea what I would have done today without you” Harry says as I snuggle up next to him on the bench. He had wanted me to sit on his lap when we first came outside but with the way his knee was and the fact that I was probably a bit heavy, there was no way I would sit on him and halt his progress.

“You would have had Gemma and I’m sure your mother would have stopped to help if you needed. You may not be the best in the kitchen but I know that you would’ve coped” I say trying to hide the fact I was blushing from his compliment. Harry had to be one of the most charming men on the planet and I felt so lucky to be able to call him mine.
“I never even asked you about how your college session went this morning, I’m sorry. Are you back on track now?” Harry asked after had a couple of minutes just admiring the night sky in silence. He knew clearly knew that I hadn’t been going to college when he was in hospital and here and there in rehab, his dad had told him. Harry never approved of me taking on is work and putting my dreams on hold but I didn’t exactly feel like I was. I was simply helping Harry’s business stay afloat whilst he couldn’t because I didn’t want him facing a failing business when he came out.

“I have another session on Monday during lunch and then on Wednesday too but then I should be almost back to the class speed which is the main thing really. Especially with exams coming up soon” I say looking over at Harry and I can tell that he’s really trying to work something out to say next. Though I also know he’s feeling rather guilty about how hard things with me have been since I took time away from college to deal with his company.
“You know you never had to stop going to college just to look after my business” He looks at me and I know that we’re going to have this conversation that I’ve been dreading all alone. I had been trying to not have this discussion because I knew that he would never agree with me doing stuff for him.

He believes that he should be able to do things for me as he’s the male in this relationship and that’s what’s right but I didn’t agree at all. I didn’t care about that at all though, I love Harry and I didn’t want his company to be at risk from an accident which he had and took him away from the business. I mean I felt kind of guilty for it all anyway as the accident was my fault at the end of the day which was why I felt that I had to do something for his company.
“There is no way we’re discussing this now. I did it because I love you and I wanted to help you out when ultimately you got hurt by an accident which was my fault!” I get up and he just rolls his eyes, I know that this is going to get heated. 

“We’re having this discussion now! You know that we’ve been over that, it wasn’t your fault I got into that accident. I chose to go out drinking and then it would appear that I chose to drive afterwards. Whilst you know that I’m touched you care so much about my business and want to help, I don’t want your degree to be affected” Harry says and I know that if this is the way which the conversation is going to start then this is going to get intense. I get up and walk inside not willing to really go over all of this now.

“Yes but if I had actually read your letter earlier rather than leaving it on my desk, I would have gotten to the museum earlier and you never would have gone drinking” I say as I go to the kitchen to get a drink and hopefully let this die down or at least try to get it to cool a little.
“But if I had never gone with that client then I never would have made that awful mistake that I’m not going to mention. We wouldn’t have broken up and you would still be mine…Tay, it’s more my fault than yours so please don’t beat yourself up over it because you know I can’t stand that’ Harry says as he reaches the kitchen bench where I lean and he takes my face in his hand before kissing me lightly. This conversation didn’t get as heated as I thought it was going to  I thought as I kissed Harry back knowing that whenever we end up kissing like this the debate is over – it’s out weakness with each other.