Tantrums

Tantrums - 40

Harry POV
It's been a whole week since I had the spinal surgery to fix that crushed nerve of mine and I can say that it definitely worked in some retrospect as I have the feeling in my feet and legs back again. The rehabilitation is taking its time though and I'm not up on my feet yet considering I have to get in control of standing and moving first — but it's coming. Everything takes time and even when you can feel your feet and legs there is still some rehabilitation that works on your back before you get up on your feet again because you back has to be able to support everything. Taylor's been here every single rehabilitation session this week and she's going to be here for the one this afternoon or at least she told me she would be — she's a really good motivator for me. However her motivations techniques are interesting as she believes that coaxing someone to do something all helps with getting me back on my feet. She often stands next to me with whatever strength technique we were doing and she would often say things like "If you wanna kiss then you have to do...." Or "It's kind of lonely where I am and you can help me feel less alone by doing...." Which gets me very motivated to do whatever I need to as I want to kiss her and I never want her to feel lonely so in any way I can help I love to and getting me better is the main goal. 

The doctors have been very helpful in my recovery and they believe that my other internal injuries and cracked ribs are all healing just fine. Once I've got standing up and possibly started taking the first couple of steps again then we would start to think about getting me discharged and sending me home. I wasn't going to rush it though as I will get home eventually and I want to be the best me when I go home so I can play with the kids.

"Whoa, what's with the long face today? Usually you're so happy in the morning" Clara said, she was like my personal nurse who would be the only one to come and check on me during the day when she was on shift and then I would have a different nurse at night. I guess my 'celebrity' status with how big my company is has given me the right to a personal nurse during my stay here, or I could have unknowingly paid someone a lot of money.

"I miss my kids, it's been over a month since they were here last and I really miss them" I explain looking at photos of both Olivia and Anthony on my phone that Taylor had texted through over the last couple of weeks — even when I wasn't awake.

"I'm sure they are missing you as much as you miss them and now that you're out of Intensive care they are able to come and visit when they can. How old are your kids?" Clara asked.

"Olivia's 6 and Anthony is 5" I say showing her the picture which Taylor sent to me the other night, they were all sitting at the dinner table at home and both kids had pulled funny faces at the camera. Taylor had been trying to get them to take a nice photo so she could send it to me and my parents but they weren't behaving.

"Wow, you and your wife would have had your hands full when they were younger. I mean you clearly have them full now but it would have been more so when they were toddlers" Clara replied grabbing her clipboard off my bed.

"Well not exactly, she's not my wife...Not yet anyway" I say looking away again.
"Oh, well you're still a lucky guy to have two adorable kids with a girl like her" Clara wrote a few things down on my chart before making her excuses and leaving me to my own thoughts. If only both kids were "ours" then we'd really be the perfect family. But neither of them really are, not biologically. One day though we'll hopefully have one that truly is "ours"...Hopefully I thought as I placed my phone back on my table and turned to look out the window, wondering what the kids and Taylor were doing, if they were really missing my presence there. 

Taylor wasn't at my rehabilitation session with me today, she clearly hadn't been able to make it but I still thought a text to tell me she couldn't make it would have been nice. The majority of the day had been really boring without her here though, I mean I was just by myself in this lonely hospital room with absolutely nothing to do. I mean I had my laptop and had a lot of work I needed to get done at some point but that was not right now when I was recovering from 2 major surgeries and I didn't need the stress of work when I'm supposed to be recovering.