Chapter 4 - Sisters

Azalea bit her lip as Lily entered the room, hanging her head down in shame. The two sisters had been fighting nonstop now, both constantly agitated at the other. They both had a big temper, one that they let get in the way of their sisterhood. Azalea knew deep down Lily didn't want to argue with her, that she was just upset about some problem she wouldn't tell Azalea about. 

   "Move," Lily said harshly as she slammed into her sisters shoulder, pushing past her and into the room.

    "Watch it," Azalea snapped angrily, "And next time, say please."

     "Or what," heat rose to Lily's cheeks. 'Oh, no' Azalea thought 'She's angry again.'

     "Or I will make you," Azalea said, pent up anger bubbling to the surface.

   Azalea hated shouting at her sister, but what else could she do? The woman was starting fights with her all of the time! "Make me, will you? I would like to see you try," Lily snarled bravely in Azalea's direction.

    "Look, I don't know what you are so angry about-"

    "I'm angry that you killed him! You put him in danger! You put us all in danger! You are a danger to everyone! No one should be allowed around you!" 

   Azalea growled, stepping closer. "It wasn't my fault they were stupid enough to believe I was at home," she hissed threateningly, "I can't help that some sociopath wants me dead," she exclaimed.

    "If you weren't born with that stupid psychic power, none of this would have happened! If you weren't born, everything would be good again!" 

   Lily's words stabbed a hole in Azalea's heart, but she was used to it by now. She had mentioned this in the past five arguments. "I can't help who I am," Azalea exploded, "You shouldn't blame me because of what I am! I can't help that!"

    "I wish you never had that power," Lily snapped, "Then I would be happy! I wish we weren't so close before! I wish I treated you like Petunia and mum did when I had the chance!"

   "Well you're taking that chance now," Azalea spat out, "Next thing I know you will be wanting me to cook your breakfast with the house elves!"

    "I've been wanting that for a while now, actually," Lily spat sarcastically, "I think some bacon and eggs will do!"

    "Shut it," Azalea exclaimed, "I didn't do anything," she cried out. 

   "Oh really? Then how do you explain his dead body and his crashed car?"

    "The deatheaters did it," Azalea screamed in frustration, "I DID NOT DO IT!"

    "YES YOU DID," Lily fumed, "AND I HATE YOU FOR IT! I WISH YOU WOULD HAVE DIED INSTEAD OF HIM! THEN MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A CHANCE TO BE HAPPY, TOO!" 

   Lily stormed out of the room angrily, slamming the door behind her. Azalea slid back against the wall, pulling her knees up to her chest. She put her hands up to her eyes, covering her face as best she could. She didn't want anyone walking in to see her crying. 

   She was exhausted as it was; homework and quidditch practice overwhelming. Yes, quidditch practice. She had decided to join the team a week ago and Sirius and James had been making her practice for try-outs day in and day out. She knew they were just preparing her, but she still felt as if they were somehow torturing her on purpose.

   She wept to herself silently, knowing that her sister probably didn't mean what she said. But that didn't mean that it didn't hurt. Her sister said she wanted her dead. Her best friend since birth wanted her dead. And she didn't even know the real reason why. Didn't know what made Lily so angry at her for no reason. What could it be?