Chapter 9 - Lying

Azalea was staring at the work that was placed on the table in front of her, frowning at the worksheet. She was helplessly lost already, and she had only read question one.

"How do you do this," she whisper asked Sirius who was beside her.

"Well, you have to write down a word and then write down another word until you have a sentence." Azalea glared at him.

"But what is the sentence supposed to be about?" Sirius snorted.

"You think I know? I wasn't listening to her!" He moved and sat on the table, staring over at the table behind them.

"It is about...animagi," he said after a few moments, staring at the paper of the students on the table behind them.

"Well, I can do that in no time," Azalea told him, quickly jotting down a few sentences, "There. All done. Wait, why didn't you do yours? You should be doing that right now." Azalea slapped his leg.

"Ow," Sirius pouted, "Why do I need to do it now? I can do it later."

"Do it now and get off of that desk," she told him, hitting his leg once again.

"Do it now and get off of that desk," he mocked her, "Come on, Z! Minnie hasn't noticed yet. Since she is the teacher, she controls me and not you."

"That is correct, Mr.Black," McGonagall said from behind him.

"I didn't mean that," Sirius told her, not turning around to face her.

"It doesn't matter. Get off of the desk and do your work. Now."

"No," Sirius said stubbornly, "It is too boring and too easy!"

"Well, next time I will make it harder," McGonagall snapped, "Now get down or you have detention!"

"Minnie," Sirius whined, "Don't make me!"

"Don't call me Minnie! That isn't my name, Mr.Black. I suggest you get down right now."

"Or what? You are going to give me detention?" Azalea laughed, muttering under her breath.

"It's not like he hasn't been before."

"Detention," McGonagall cried out, "And that goes for you too, Ms.Evans."

"What? Why," Azalea gaped.

"For that little comment you made," she told Azalea, turning around and walking towards the desk beside them.

"Get off Mr.Black." Sirius grumbled 'You old hag' under his breath before sliding of and getting in his chair.

"I heard that," McGonagall hissed, "Do you want a week of detention?"

"No, Professor," Sirius mumbled.

"Then be quiet and do your work." Azalea giggled softly.

"I haven't had detention in forever! Thanks a lot, Siri!"

"You're welcome."

"What did I say about talking," McGonagall asked.

"You said not to," Azalea said cheerfully, putting her feet on the desk and leaning back in her seat.

"Exactly. So why are you talking when I instructed you not to?"

"Because I am done and I am bored," Azalea said in a bored monotone, "Now, would you please stop talking when I am trying to have a conversation? It is rude."