Chapter 8 - A Date

Azalea walked down the corridor, not paying much attention to where she was going. She ran into something hard, falling over immediately. She screamed and shut her eyes tight, waiting for her body to hit the ground. Cold hands wrapped around her waist and caught her, bringing her back up. Azalea looked up to see Regulus Black, Sirius' brother.

"Oh, sorry about that," she told him, standing up properly. He smiled, keeping his hands on her waist.

"It is fine. I was actually trying to find you. I have been meaning to ask you something."

"Okay, ask away."

"I was wondering if you would like to accompany me to Hogsmeade today."

"As your date," Azalea asked, surprised.

 "Yes, as my date." Azalea thought for a moment. Maybe it would help her get over Sirius, or maybe it would make him jealous enough to decide he wanted her and not other girls.

"I would love to," she agreed.

"Fantastic," Regulus smiled before leaving. Azalea ran to the common room, screaming for Lily.

"What is it? What do you need," Lily asked as Azalea ran up to her, hugging her tightly.

"I got asked to Hogsmeade today," she cheered, "And he is really cute!" Of course he was. He was Sirius' brother, after all..

"Good for you Azalea," Lily cheered, "Are you going to tell Sirius?" 

"Umm, duh! But I have to tell you, he isn't going to like it."

"Of course not! He will be upset it isn't him," Lily exclaimed.

"No, that's not why," Azalea said, shaking her head, "I am going on a date with his brother, Regulus."

"Azalea! He hates his brother! He is going to be so mad!"

"That is the point," Azalea smiled, "He will get really mad and really jealous! I am not going to just sit around and watch him date and snog other girls! I am going to go and have fun too!"

"Good for you," Lily smiled, "You show Sirius how lucky he would be to have you!" Azalea smirked.

"Don't worry. I will."

"Well, then, go and tell him! You have to hurry if you are going to make your date on time!" Azalea smiled and ran up the boys staircase, turning a sharp corner. She stopped and threw open the boys door, running in excitedly.

"Guess what? Guess what?"

"What," Sirius asked from his bed, sitting up and setting aside the motorcycle magazine he was holding.

"I have a date today!" Sirius gaped at her, at a loss for words.

"What? Who," James asked, surprised.

"Why do you act all surprised? What, did you think I was too ugly to snag a date?"

"No! Not at all," Sirius said quickly, getting over his shock.

"Then stop acting so shocked," Azalea snapped, "Especially since it's your brother who asked me out."

"My brother," Sirius growled, "You are going on a date with that idiot? Z! What is wrong with you? Out of all people, you had to go on a date with him? You are not going on a date with him!"

"And who is going to stop me? You," Azalea snorted, "You can't do anything about it. Now, if you excuse me, I have a date to get to." She smirked, turning and leaving the room.