Chapter 1 - Sirius' House

Azalea smiled at Lily, happily skipping down the stairs with her. She was ready to eat and leave. She was glad the day had finally come. She was tired of spending her nights shedding tears because of her mother.

"Good morning, darling," Mr.Evans smiled, "What has gotten you all happy?" He tried his best to talk to Azalea whenever he could. With her mother being in such a bad mood lately, he knew she was suffering.

"Siri is coming to see me," she exclaimed as she sat in her chair, shoving food down her throat, "I am shoing you leech mis jamily hand the aslebryghing!" Wen Mr.Evans gave her a confused look, she gave an apologetic smile

"Sorry," she said as she swallowed, "I said I am going to meet his family and everything!"

"Don't you know his brother? Maybe you two could be friends! He must have a nice family, seeing how politely he was raised," he said happily to Azalea, not knowing anything about Sirius' family.

"That's what you would think," Azalea murmured quietly, putting on a forced smile, "I just know his name. We never properly met. Maybe we could be friends. I am sure he is a nice guy."

Mr.Evans nodded, and Azalea continued to shovel her food in her mouth. She was in a hurry because she forgot to pack. Shhe had just woken up about ten minutes before, so she was not ready yet. Once she had finished, she set her plate in the sink and rushed towards her room. Azalea opened her closet and threw her clothes on while grabbing a brush and pulling it through her hair. She then ran into the restroom and began brushing her teeth, the hairbrush still stuck in her hair. She spat out the awful tasting toothpaste and hurried back into her room, half of her things scattered on the bed. She quickly stuffed some articles of clothing in the trunk and pulled out a pair of socks, trying to put them on while simultaneously pulling the stuck brush through her hair. When one sock was finally on, she began stuffing clothes into the trunk once more.

"Azalea," her mother called, "Come downstairs and stop making so much noise! I need you to do something before you leave!"

Azalea sighed and pulled her sock off the bed, hopping out of her room on one foot while trying to put her foot in the sock. While she used one hand to pull on the sock, she used her other hand to pull on the brush.

"What do you need, mum? I'm still getting ready," she exclaimed in front of the stairs, still staring at the sock. Just then, a loud sound rang throughout the house, causing Azalea to cover her ears and scream. She sighed and sat on the top step, dragging herself down the first two steps. She pulled on her sock and combed the brush through her thick hair. She groaned as she went farther down the stairs, the pain from them now begging to start.

"Wow, you sure are a mess Z. I knew you wouldn't be able to take care of yourself without me, but I didn't think it would be this bad," a voice said below her, a voice that she would have recognized anywhere.

"Siri," she exclaimed as she jumped up. Azalea tried running down the rest of the steps, but fell on the last one. Sirius ran forward and caught her before she could fall. Azalea smiled and straightened herself up, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you, Siri," she murmured against his neck as she hugged him even tighter. Sirius smiled and put his arms around her waist.

"I missed you too, Z," he told her. When she pulled back he looked her over and almost gasped in surprise at what he saw.

Azalea's body had matured a lot over the summer, and he could see that she had gotten taller as well. Her hair was waist length now, and he could see the single rubber band on her arm, indicating that she was no longer keeping her hair in pigtails. Azalea grabbed Sirius' wrist and draggee him along with her up the stairs.