Chapter 6 - Mistletoe

Detention," barked Slughorn, "And if I catch you helping Peeves again then it will be another weeks worth!"

"But sir-," Azalea tried to object.

"But sir nothing," Slughorn snapped, "Detention. Tonight. Class dismissed." Azalea sighed and nodded, knowing she was going to get in major trouble for skipping detention.

"Don't worry, Z, "Sirius said, "I've got detention too so you won't be all by yourself." 

"Yeah, I guess not," she shrugged, "But that isn't my major problem."

"Then what is your major problem," he raised his eyebrows. Azalea glanced at the students around them and put her mouth next to his ear, cupping her hands around the corners of her mouth.

"Tonight's a full moon." She slowly pulled away, her hands falling into her lap. She knew that he would have to help Remus, that she would be alone to deal with the pain. Again. The three boys were going to try the potion to become animagi once again, hopefully succeeding this time around. They tried every month to no avail. James and Azalea had been the only two successful trials so far.

"Oh no, Z...you can explain to him, can't you? He will understand. He may be able to help. He is a potions master. Maybe he can find a potion to help you both or something. You won't have to go to detention. Just let him help you. You can tell him. He is a professor, after all. You can trust him, can't you?" Azalea gave him a 'are you stupid look?' Since when had she ever trusted a professor? Even him suggesting that made her worry. He hated the Hogwarts professors as much as her, though she did think he secretly appreciated Professor McGonagall for her bravery when facing them.

"Okay, maybe that wasn't the best thing to say, but it's true. He would understand."

"I'm not going to tell him," she snapped, "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm just worried about you," Sirius frowned, "That is all."

"Well don't be. No matter what it's going to be painful and lonely and sad. You can't change that."

"If the potion works this time I could come help you instead-," Sirius started.

"No! You need to be there for Remus. Dumbledore helps me and he doesn't help Remus. That is unfair to him and he needs someone to help." 

"But, Z," Sirius whispered, "You need someone to help too. He doesn't stay with you."

"So? Remus needs you all," she murmured, standing up and grabbing her books. Sirius followed her lead, sighing as he followed her.

"He has the other two. He would understand if-"

"No," Azalea snapped, "I'm not going to be selfish and take you away from a friend in need."

"But you are a friend in need as well!"

"It doesn't matter. I don't need that much. I will be fine. You haven't came before, and I don't know if you should start now."

"Z," Sirius exclaimed, "If I want to come and help you, I will."

"And if you do, I will kill you,"she screamed, angered by his constant persistence. Though this did make her smile slightly. She liked someone who fought back.

"Look, I can hurt you if the barrier somehow breaks. I don't want you to get hurt, Siri. I would blame myself for it. I would never forgive myself. You have to understand that."

"That won't happen! Z, you don't need to worry about me. You are the one that you need to worry about."

"Why? I am fine," she lied.