Chapter 9 - Secrets

April had quickly approached, the semester soon to be at a dreaded end. Azalea was currently in the Shrieking Shack with Sirius. They had took a liking to the place. When no one was around, they snuck off to the Whomping Willow.

"Siri, have you noticed something about Remus," Azalea asked. She had her feet on the top of the couch with her head hanging off.

"No...why? Wait! He does read books a lot. Is he a secret Ravenclaw spy that came from the future or something," Sirius asked, wiggling his eyebrows. 

"No, you idiot," Azalea hissed as she slapped the back of his head, "He is always gone at one time of the month! I tried to follow him once, but then I got distracted and lost him..."

"Well, maybe he is going out to see a girl," Sirius suggested, raising his eyebrows up and down. He highly doubted that Remus was dating someone, but what else could it be?

"No...I don't think so. He is gone all night. I stayed up and waited for him once. He is hiding something from us and I want to know what."

"Maybe he...well he might...what if...I can't think of anything else," Sirius admitted. What was Remus up to?

"Exactly," Azalea murmured, "I wonder why he won't tell us? I mean, he is one of our best friends! We should tell James and Peter. They might have noticed, too."

"Okay," Sirius agreed, "We will go tell them. We have to wait until Remus is gone, though. He might be mad if he found out you were stalking him."

"It's called closely watching! You need to learn the difference," Azalea stated as she crossed her arms and sat up.

"Yes, because there is such a big difference," Sirius rolled his eyes, "We still have that potions essay due tomorrow...want to help me?"

"If by help you mean do it for you, then no. I can get Severus to help us. He knows a lot about potions. He is very good at it," Azalea stood up and started walking towards the door.

"Why are you friends with such a slimy git," Sirius sneered. He didn't understand what Lily and Azalea saw in the guy. He was a slytherin, for Godric's sakes.

"Because he is nice to us! Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that I have to dislike him, too," Azalea snapped, turning to smack him on the head.

"Okay! I get it! Gosh Azalea! You slap like a guy," Sirius murmured, rubbing the back of his head. How did she get so strong?

"You better get it," Azalea growled. The two walked back up to the castle.

"Remus! You are here! Wow! Let's play a game! How about fetch," Azalea called as she entered the common room.

"What do you mean play fetch? I am not a dog-," Remus started, but stopped as Azalea took his book. She quickly ran to the nearest window, throwing it out.

"Oopsies," Azalea said loudly. Remus looked out of the window, horrified. He sighed, leaving the room to go get it.

"Lily, there is a big surprise pop quiz in potions tomorrow. Severus told me to tell you," Azalea statsd, and Lily jumped up immediately.

"He could have told me earlier," Lily cried as she bounded up the stairs, leaving a frowning James and a confused Peter behind her.

"What did you do that for," James frowned, "I was getting somewhere this time! She was calling me James!"

"We need to talk before Remus gets his book back. Lily won't be here any time soon, and James? You didn't get anywhere with her. I told her to call you James."