Chapter 2 - Rain

Siri," Azalea giggled as he swung her around. She clung to his shoulders as she laughed, her hair flying around her. Sirius gently sat her down, Azalea still laughing. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer, putting his free hand on her cheek.

"Siri," Azalea murmured, leaning into his touch.

"Hmm," he questioned. Azalea bit her lip.

"I heard them again."

"You are ruining the moment," he warned her.

"I'm sorry," Azalea frowned, "But they are gone and I think you should figure out what you at going to do with them."

"What I'm going to do with them? What can I do?"

"You can stick up for yourself," she muttered.

"Or I can run away," he suggested, "Like you."

"Where will you go?"

"To Prongs," Sirius said immediately, "He will help me."

"But I can't go with you," Azalea pointed out, "I can't just barge in to someone's home and demand I stay with them because you are. Two people is too much."

"Prongs is rich and has a big estate," Sirius exclaimed, "I think it will be okay. I can't take any more of this, Z. We argue every time we see each other!"

"I know but-"

"Z, if it comes down to it, I will leave. If I don't have to, then I won't."

"Okay," she agreed reluctantly. Sirius smiled and leaned forwards, planting a small kiss on her lips. Azalea winced as he pulled away, a large 'crash' sound echoing throughout the house. Sirius sighed.

"Go upstairs," he instructed her, "Now. I will be right behind you."  Azalea nodded and rushed up the stairs before his family saw her. Sirius slowly walked up the stairs, acting as normal as possible. When he reached the top his mother started yelling.

"Sirius," she shrieked, "Get down here, you disgrace!" Sirius winced at her tone and turned around slowly, reluctantly walking back down the stairs.

Azalea took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair. She plopped onto his bed and bit her lip. She hoped it would be over soon, that he would not be too upset when it was all over with. She could hear the terrible words that were being spat out of his mothers mouth for 'ruining her house', and anger boiled through her. He didn't do anything to the house while they were gone. 

An hour later, Azalea heard Sirius stomping back up the stairs. Azalea watched as he threw the door open, slamming it shut behind him. He glanced up at Azalea and slowly walked towards her. Azalea could see the sadness in his eyes and it broke her heart. He put his arms around her and knocked her over, rolling to the side so he could hold her. Azalea wrapped her arms around his waist and nuzzled her head in his neck.

"I want to leave," he whispered to her, his voice cracking.

"Okay," she agreed. She knew that his parents had struck a nerve with him, their words harsher than usual. Azalea couldn't tell if he was crying or not, slightly scared to know. She knew that if he was, it would make her cry, too.

"You want to pack your things," she whispered, rubbing his back comfortingly. He nodded slowly and moved his head back so she could see his eyes.

"Thank you, Z," he muttered, closing his eyes.

"You do the same for me," she whispered back, "No need to thank me." He smiled back at her, sitting up reluctantly. He ran a hand through his hair, causing Azalea to lick her lips lustfully.