Chapter 13

Lando wakes me up really early. "I've got to go, see you later" he says while kissing me on my forehead. "Wait, I want to come with you" I mumble, still half asleep. "Charlotte will pick you up later, I set you alarm for you" he says while he walks out. "Ok, see ya" I say while I doze off to sleep.

When my alarm goes off I see I have a text from Charlotte, saying she will pick me up in 15 minutes. God, Lando, you should have given me more time. I quickly run to get clothed. On top of my suitcase lays a shirt with a note that says 'Wear me!!!'. I unfold it, it's a McLaren shirt. I grab some jeans to style it with. As soon as I finish there's a knock on the door.

"Coming" I scream when I quickly grab my stuff and run to the door. "That shirt looks good on you" Charlotte says. "Thanks."

About half an hour later we arrive at the track. I really start to see Charlotte as a friend, which is a bit weird, because I normally don't let people come close to me. I think it's the same with Lando. I don't know why. They make me feel comfortable which helps I guess.

"Lando seems really smitten with you" Charlotte says when we get out of the car, "I haven't seen him like this in a long time." I look at her smiling. "I don't know why, but I find that hard to believe. Girls are probably lining up for him."

"Yeah well, I think it's hard for these guys to see if the intentions are good" she says. We walk through security. 

"Charlotte, Mia! Over here" a photographer shouts.

"How does he know my name?" I look at Charlotte surprised. Charlotte laughs. "Oh babe, I think everybody here knows your name by now."

We arrive just in time for the last training. We walk through another security and join Kelly at the fence and watch the training. Lando drives really great and ends up with the second fastest time. When the training is done I quickly get a text.

Lando: Where are you?

"Do you guys mind if I go to the garage quickly?"

"No sure, go! We will be at the terrace" Kelly says. I think I know the way back to the garage. I go up to the security and show them my paddock pass. I see there's another security guy than before. "Yeah nice try" he says laughing. "No, look, I have a pass" I say while showing him. "Yes sure" the guy says without even looking. "I'm here with Lando Norris" I try again. "Yeah, so am I" he says sarcastically. I grab my phone and text Lando.

Me: Some guy isn't letting me through security

Lando: Did you forget your pass?

Me: No, he won't even look at it!!

A few moments later the guy gets a call and looks at me embarrassed. "I'm so sorry, please come" he says while opening the gate. "Thanks."

I quickly walk to Lando his garage. I find him talking with his engineer. He smiles when he sees me. I walk up to him and put my arm around his waist. "Glad you made it" he says while putting his arm around my shoulder. "Thanks for getting me though" I joke.

"Hungry?" he asks. "Very" I say when I nod. We have lunch with some guys from his team. I have no idea what they are talking about, but I like to listen. "I have to get ready for quali, do you want to watch in the garage? They have a headphone for you so you can listen" Lando says while standing up. "Yes, cool!"

I don't really get the qualifying yet. I do know there are three rounds, each round the fastest drivers go through to the next round. In the last round, the third round, they set the time which decides the starting grid. Well, I think I know enough for now.

Lando easily gets through to the last round, also named Q3. I clap in my hands when I see Lando's driven a really fast lap. A few moments later I see that his time got deleted, because he took a turn to wide or something. Which means he has to start from the seventh position. Lando sounds really down on the board radio. When he comes back into the garage he's really sad and feels sorry for his team. I hear him apologize many times before he comes to see me. I hug him. He doesn't say much. "Cheer up bud, you told me its all about the Sunday" I say to try to comfort him. He forces a smile at me. I think its best if I leave him for a bit, so he can talk with his team and do his interviews and stuff. "I'll be on the terrace when your finished" I say. He just nods.

I go up to the terrace and go sit with the girls. I look at my phone once every few minutes. I don't see or hear from Lando. "He's really upset right now, he'll turn around" Charlotte says to comfort me. "Yeah, I just feel bad for him" I say. We chat for a while, I look at my watch and see its been hours. Finally the boys walk up. Carlos has his arm around Lando's shoulders, clearly trying to cheer him up. He still looks down.

"You guys ready?" Charlotte says as she stands up. On the way to the car Lando grabs my hand, but doesn't say much. A few moments later we arrive at the hotel. "Dinner tonight?" Carlos asks. Lando looks at me. "Is it ok if we stay in our room tonight?" Lando asks me. "Yeah, sure" I respond. Lando drags me away to the elevator before I can say anything else. I just look around and wave quickly. In the elevator I lean against the wall. Lando is standing in front of me. He steps closer to me and lays his head on my neck. "What a shit day" he mumbles.

"I know something that might cheer you up" I say playfully. Lando liftst his head, looking at me. "Oh really?" He asks while licking his lips.