Chapter 74

"No, if we are going out you need to look hot. Lando might be there so we have to show him what he's missing" Kelly says, holding multiple different dresses out in front of her. The one even shorter than the other. "Can't I just wear what i'm wearing right now?" I ask while looking in the mirror. "Babe, you can't. Pick one" Kelly says while shaking her head. She holds out a blue one, very short, with no straps. Maybe not good for dancing. Another one is red, with tiny straps, a bit looser at the bottem also very short. The last one is also very short, but to my surprise it's an jumpsuit. It's low cut, but very pretty. "That one please" I say, taking the jumpsuit out of her hands. Shit, I hope this is going to fit me. Kelly is so tiny. To my surprise I fit in her jumpsuit. But I haven't been taking care of myself lately. I should really start eating healthy again.

"You look so hot" Kelly says after doing my make up and hair. We walk into the living room. I can't believe how big Max his hotel room is. I thought Lando's room was big, but this is some next level shit. "Max, doesn't Mia look hot?" Kelly asks. Max looks at us with his mouth slightly open, like he can't believe Kelly just asked that. "I'm not going to answer that" he says while shutting down his playstation. "Ready to turn some heads?" Kelly asks while grabbing her purse. "Oh my god" Max says and shakes his head, "i'm not a part of this." He tries to hide a smile.

When we arrive at the club there's a big line out front. Max tips the taxi driver well and walks straight past the line. The door is held open at just the sight if him. That's pretty cool. When we walk into the club Pierre and the other guys are already in the VIP-area. I don't see Lando, but I don't want to look too desperate looking for him.

"Congratulations again" I say as I give Pierre a hug. He holds me tight. "Thanks Mia, you look great!" A little awkwardly I push Pierre away. A tray with shots is being passed around. I quickly grab one, almost knocking the tray out of the guy his hands. "Oops" I smile and take the shot. "I see someone is taking it easy tonight" Carlos says in my ear, he sounds sarcastic. "Who doesn't like to drink away their problems?" I say jokingly, "Because I fucking do!"

A few drinks later me and Kelly go over to the dance floor. I don't know why I'm disappointed Lando isn't here, it's not like I expected him to come celebrate Pierre his podium.

I feel eyes burning on me. I look up and see Lando leaning on the railing. His eyes focused on me. Fuck. He looks tired, like he hasn't slept in days.

"I wasn't expecting you here" I say when I walk up to him. I lean my arms on the railing, right next to him. "How are you?" I ask, not knowing what to say. It seems like he doesn't either. "Fine, you?"

"Fine" I sigh. He's clearly not the talker tonight, ok. The waiter holds out a tray of shots. To my surprise Lando takes one. I also take one, gladly. "I thought you weren't the drinker" I say, trying to brighten the mood. "I thought that of you too" he says, kind off sad. "Yeah well, sometimes life makes you drink."

"Did I make you start drinking again?" he asks. "Lando, you know you didn't. Besides i'm ok, I know when to stop" I breathe heavily. "Do you?" he asks, challenging me. "Yes Lando."

"Why are you here, Mia?"

I sigh. "You know why i'm here. They're my friends also" I say, feeling defensive. "I know they are. I'm asking you, why did you think it was a better idea to come here instead of coming to me?" He looks hurt. "Your car wasn't at the hotel. And besides I was pretty pissed at you after the car ride, I still am in fact."

"You used to talk things out with me. We never stayed angry that long at each other" Lando says. I nod, I can't disagree with that. "You send me away, Lando. Remember?"

"Was it really that bad that I needed a moment to myself? A little fucking time?" He starts to get pissed.

"No, it just seems you think everything is my fault" I say, courage falls off of me. "I just expected different from you I guess, after everything" he says. "Yeah, well so the fuck did I" I say, turning my back towards him. I walk over to the bathroom. Luckily there isn't a long line. I throw some water in my face. Sorry Kelly, but I don't really care about my make-up right now. I need to get some fresh air. And an fucking cigarette. With force I open the door and walk outside. I sit down on the pavement, my back against the wall.

A few moments later the door opens. I look up and see Max walking towards me. "You ok?" he sits down next to me. "Fine" I say, wiping the tears off my cheek. "Lando?" he asks. I nod my head. "I figured, you guys not ok?"

"I don't think so. All we do is fight lately" I say. "That's because you're both fucking idiots who won't get their heads out of they're fucking ass. You two are great together, but too proud to let a stupid argument go and move on" Max says. I shrug my shoulders. "Maybe, but I don't know. What I do know is that I can't do this fighting anymore. It's doing my fucking head in" I say. I lay my head on his shoulder.

I hear the door open and see Lando walking towards me. "I don't want to talk to you" I say, leaning my head against the wall. Max gives me a pad on the head and goes back inside.

"Ok, then just listen" Lando says, sitting down next to me. "I don't want to listen, because these days it feels like every time one of us opens our mouths we start fighting again. And I'm so fucking tired of fighting all the time" I sigh. "I know" Lando says. That catches me by surprise. I lift my head to look at him. He looks sad. I lay my hand on his cheek. "I'm sorry for making you sad" I say, a tear rolling down my cheek. "I'm sorry for making you sad" he says. I shake my head. He doesn't make me sad. It's true that we fight a lot these days. But he doesn't make me sad. I make myself sad. I seem to ruin everything. I don't want to ruin him.

"I do love you" I say, laying my head on his shoulder. But is loving someone enough? He showed me the world. He showed me that I can love again, to let my feelings in. Hell, I even got in a car again. This Milan trip has been the best and worst experience in my life.

"I love you" Lando says.

"So, what happens now?" I ask. "I don't know" Lando says.

"I don't know what to say" he says after a moment of silence. "Why does this feel like we're breaking up?" I ask, looking at him. Hopeful that he's going to say something which makes everything go back to normal, to back before the fighting, the yelling, the jealousy. Lando looks at me and gives me a kiss on my cheek, tears fill his eyes. "I don't know."