14 : 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒈𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆

I JUST WANT YOU
TO BE OKAY, THAT'S ALL
I'VE EVER WANTED.

"IT'S BEEN 18 HOURS SINCE HE LEFT THE HOUSE, HE SHOULD BE HOME BY NOW

"IT'S BEEN 18 HOURS SINCE HE LEFT THE HOUSE, HE SHOULD BE HOME BY NOW." Anna stressed, pacing her room back and forth nervously. Eric watched from her bed, feeling useless to her in her nervous state. In moments like these, Eric never really knew what to do. He wasn't great at the whole comfort thing, most of the time, he'd make a joke or tease her more than he'd help. Sometimes it made her laugh and she'd snap out of it, but never when it came to Shawn. When Shawn was missing, all her focus was on finding him.

He found it sweet actually, how close the two were. He and Cory were close, but Anna and Shawn were a different level of family. Seeing as they only had each other.

"I'm sure he's fine Anna, Shawn's a smart kid, he's got street smarts, I'm sure nothings gonna happen to him." Eric smiled over at Anna, who stopped pacing and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Okay he's got street smarts."

"But, he would've called by now, he knows that." Anna explained, shaking her head as she resumed pacing. Eric sighed, watching her back and forth as she paced.

"He blew up my dads mailbox with a Cherry boom, I think he's just hiding from your dad." Eric laughed a bit, trying to lighten the mood. "I mean, the solution would be solved if he didn't blow up a Cherry boom but hey, it's Shawn, he doesn't know that yet." Eric shrugged, and Anna shook her head. He hand shook as she chewed on her thumbnail, squeezing her eyes closed.

"I just, I want him to be okay. I don't care if he blew up a mailbox, I just want to know he's safe." Eric sighed, feeling helpless as she slouched into the spot beside him. Everything fell out the window when he heard the sob leave her lips, and he pulled her into his chest immediately.

"Oh hey, Goldie, it's okay. He's gonna be okay, take a breath." He coed, placing a soft kiss to her head as she shook slightly in his arms, holding her close to his chest. He didn't even care that his shirt was being soaked, he just wanted to hold her. So she knew he was there.

• ✧ •

"ANNA, YOU'RE SHAKING THE ENTIRE BENCH RIGHT NOW." Jason teased, all friends watch her nervously as her legs bounced with nerves. She didn't budge however, it was like she didn't even hear him.

"Anna...?" He began again, he shook her shoulder slightly, making her jump back surprised.

"Jeez Jason, don't scare me like that!" She yelled back, shaking her head to wake herself while Jason looked at her with a confused look.

"I was sitting right next to you." He argued, making her look at him confused again.

"Hey, Anna what's up with you huh?" Jason continued. She looked up, shaking her head with a dramatic look on her face.