21 : 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔

WENT TO TOWN
RIDING ON A PONY,
YANKEE DOODLE?

"SHE THINKS SHE'S THIS BIG SENSATION JUST CAUSE SHE RUNS THE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER

"SHE THINKS SHE'S THIS BIG SENSATION JUST CAUSE SHE RUNS THE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER." Anna grumbled, rolling her eyes as she walked past the newspaper office, Eric following his new girl inside like a lost puppy. "I could write the school newspaper if I wanted to. It's not that hard." Anna scoffed.

"Doesn't Eric want to be a weatherman? Maybe news girls do something to him." Anna looked over at Dani, rolling her eyes.

"No. Maybe she's just a senior and Eric thinks that gives him some sort of status at this school. Even though it does not." Anna explained. They walked further into the hallways, getting ready to leave.

"Says the girl dating Harley Kiner." Dani remarked. Making Anna point at her matter-a-factly.

"You know, you leave Harley out of this. He's done nothing wrong."

As if on cue, the two girls walked past Harley, who was currently standing beside Frankie and Joey as they held a kid against the lockers. Harley stopped his actions, smiling when he saw Anna walking by.

"Hey Angel face. How are you this fine evening?" Harley said, ignoring the kid in front of him and leaning cutely against the lockers. Anna giggled, smiling at him as Dani rolled her eyes.

"I'm doing wonderfully and yourself?"

"Not too bad. I'm gonna be held up at school today, and I have a new 'appointment' this weekend, it seems as though I have some special business to cover." Harley glared at the kid in front of him. Anna's eyes softened, and she tilted her head slightly in disappointment.

"Oh, Harley I thought we were going to catch that movie this weekend?" She asked, making Harley sigh, placing his hands on her cheeks. She grabbed his wrists.

"I know doll, I'm sorry. I didn't think I'd be busy. Listen I'll make it up to you alright? We can go next weekend." He explained, kissing her forehead. She frowned slightly, but nodded, kissing his palm.

"Yeah, yeah sounds great." He smiled at her, giving her a quick kiss before walking back over to Joey and Frankie. Dani glared at Anna.

"What the hell was that?" She stressed, making Anna roll her eyes.

"What?"

"'Yeah, yeah sounds great.' You sounded like someone just killed your puppy." Dani ranted again, and Anna sighed, continuing their walk out of the building.

"No really Dani, it's fine."

"It sure as hell is not fine."

"Leave me alone, he's my boyfriend, date thing." Anna expressed, still not 100% sure on what her and Harley really were at this point.

"Whatever. What movie were they even showing tonight?"

Anna sighed, looking at Harley, then looking over at the newspaper office. He watched as Eric smiled, laughing at something going on inside the room. His hands on the girls shoulders as he smiled. She felt her heart break.