46 : 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒐 𝒌𝒊𝒅

HE'S REALLY INTO THIS
WHOLE CLEANING THING, I'M
GETTING WORRIED. HE KEEPS CALLING HIMSELF KYLE.

"CORY, WHY ON EARTH DO YOU HAVE A CAMERA?" Anna asked, referring to the large camera covering Cory's face

"CORY, WHY ON EARTH DO YOU HAVE A CAMERA?" Anna asked, referring to the large camera covering Cory's face. It was a casual afternoon at Turners apartment, and Cory decided to burst in with a giant camera and a will to record.

"Well, Mr. Williams says a good newsman's always gotta have his camera ready." He explained, causing Anna to raise an eyebrow.

"And you're such a good newsman?" She teased, making him roll his eyes.

"You don't mind if I keep on shooting, do you?"

"No, go ahead." She continued, making him smile as he brought the camera back to his face.

"All right."

It didn't take long before Anna shut the door in his face, causing him to yell from the other side.

"Hey!" 

"Turn that thing off, I'll let you back in." She yelled, making Cory groan.

"Oh, come on, what are you hiding?"

"My disdain for you."

Cory knocked again and she let him back in with a cheeky smile, being handed Cory's camera to keep him from filming as the boy ran over to Shawn with excitement.

"Shawn, Shawn."

"On the phone, Cor." Shawn said, gesturing to the phone in his hand. "So, Dad, how are you gonna celebrate your birthday? Oh, that's great." Shawn pulled away from the phone. "He's going to the dog track with President Clinton."

"Yeah right." Anna grumbled, earning a nudge from Mr Turner who stood beside her by the counter.

"So, are you coming home soon? Yeah. Yeah, I understand. Oh, well, I really miss you. Anna misses you too."

"Oh sure." She said, furrowing her eyebrows with sarcasm as Shawn smiled at her.

"Where's Shawn's dad calling from?" Cory asked, turning to whisper to Mr Turner. He shrugged, furrowing his brows at they all watched Shawn on the phone.

"He said aboard Air Force One, but I kinda have my doubts." Mr Turner explained, and Anna nodded.

"Yeah me too. I heard people yelling in Spanish." She explained, sowing the soda she had, hoping the sugar would drown out the anger she felt towards her father. 

"Well, I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. What? Oh, you gotta go? Oh, the president needs the phone. Yeltsin's on call waiting. OK, well, I can't wait to...Hello?" Shawn said, sighing when he realized it hung up. "Hello? Didn't even get a chance to sing him "Happy Birthday."

"You miss him, huh?"

"Oh, family's really important to the Hunters."

"So important he had to drive cross country away from us." Anna mummbled under her breath, making Mr Turner nudge her again.