51 : 𝑭𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝑽𝒊𝒓𝒏𝒂

WHAT DID I SAY
ABOUT TOASTING YOUR
UNDERWEAR!

"SHAWN I SWEAR TO GOD, what did I say about toasting your underwear!" Anna shoutedmaming shawn roll his eyes as he came out of his room

"Not to do it while you were home, and to be fair, you don't live here anymore." Shawn explained, grabbing his underwear from the toaster and smelling it, making Anna's face scrunch up in disgust as she shuddered.
"Yeah I'm just visiting my disgusting little brother." She said with an eye roll, making Shawn chuckle.
"You love me. Admit it." He teased, pointing at her with a smirk. She glared day him until eventually her expression fell, and she smiled.
"Okay. You're right, I do."
"What a sucker!" Shawn shouted, making Anna sigh as Shawn laughed at her loudly.
"My whole life." She said with a sigh, giggling at Shawn's goofiness. She loved her little brother, truly, he was more of her family than of of her relatives even tried to be. He was her other half, without him she didn't know what to do
"Mom?" Shawn said softly, and Anna stopped in her tracks. Her eyes went wide as she turned to Shawn, shaking her head at him.
"What?" She said, before Shawn turned to look at her. She pointed at him, making him raise his hands in defense. "Shawn, that's not funny."
"No seriously, look. Across the street."
So she did, and when she saw virna standing in a trailer on the other side of the interstate, her heart dropped.
"Oh my god."

• ✧ •

ONCE CHET CAME HOME HIS KIDS WERE URGENT TO TELL HIM ABOUT THEIR NEW DISCOVERY. Seeing virna again unlocked something inside of Anna, something strange. A feeling she was used to feeling when thinking of her parents. That shame, and misery that soon followed the thought of being left again. That feeling lingered like a plague.
"You're telling me for the last year I've traipsed across these United States searching for my long lost Virna and you find her right across the highway?" Chet asked, making both his kids nod at him in unison.
"It's her, Dad. She's been watching us." Shawn said, making Anna sigh as she listened to her brothers hopeful words.
"How long she been there? How's she look? When's she comin' home?"
"Probably never." Anna mumbled, though shawn and Chet choose to ignore her negative nature.
"We don't know. I haven't gone over there yet."
"Why not?"
"I'm afraid I'm gonna chase her away again." Shane expressed, making Chet sigh as Anna grabbed his hand.
"You didn't chase her away. If anyone chased her away it was me." She said with a frown, making Chet shake his head at the two.
"Neither of you chased her away, alright? You're the only reason she stayed here as long as she did." Chet explained, making both his kids smile softly.
"Thanks, Dad."
"Why's she over there spyin' on us?"
"Hey, she's probably after my secret plans." Chet joked, making Cory furrow his eyebrows confused.
"What secret plans?"
"Nice try, Corky." Chet teased, making Cory sigh.
"Guys, let's talk. You been looking for this woman for a year, and now you've found her. Now go get her before she leaves again." Cory explained, but Chet disagreed.
"No, no. It's like some beautiful butterfly that sat down just for a moment on the branch next to you, and you know if you so much as breathe wrong, it'll fly away and you'll never see it again." Chet explained, making Anna sigh.
"This is a real delicate situation. What we need is someone who won't be thought of as a threat." The three hunters all looked over at Cory in unison, who had been playing with a butterfly since he got distracted 2 minutes ago.
What Anna wasn't sure about was wether she really wanted her mom to return if not. She was her mom, ofcourse she missed her, but after leaving the way she did? If she didn't forgive her dad, how could she even begin to forgive virna. And it pained her that she couldn't call that women mom.