22 : 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒓. 𝒋𝒐𝒂d

ARE YOU ALSO
GETTING THAT SEARING PAIN
IN YOUR CHEST

ARE YOU ALSOGETTING THAT SEARING PAININ YOUR CHEST

"IT'S LIKE WATCHING A DOG LEARN HOW TO SKI." Caisey said, earning a strange look from Anna as she shook her head.

"Don't say that she's, trying..." both girls looked up to see Dani smiling nervously at a customer, mopping the floor next to their table that she had just spilt a customer's milkshake. "More like a cat learning to ski, at least they land on their feet." Anna corrected, making Caisey chuckle. And with perfect timing, as Dani turned around to bring the mop back to the back, she slipped, falling onto the floor with a huff. Both girls scrunched up.

"Okay...a dog." Anna corrected, making both girls chuckle, watching Dani glare at them as she stood back up. The ringing of the doorbell caught both girls' attention, as Eric waved at the group with a happy smile. Anna and Caisey waved back, and he made his way over.

"Ladies." He greeted, bowing to both girls making them chuckle.

"Hey Er." Shawn greeted back, making every look over at him. He was looking at his book, a big book, which made Anna's face grow in concern.

"Shawnie, that's a book." Anna said, looking at the boy confused. He didn't look away from his book, just nodded.

"I know."

"And you're reading it?" She continued, and he nodded, smiling at her.

"Yeah. Bunny it's the craziest thing, it's like a whole movie inside my head." He explained, shaking his head before returning to reading. Anna put a hand on her chest, her eyes widening.

"Yeah well, that's sorta how books work." Caisey said, but Anna ignored it, shaking her head in disbelief. She put a hand on his forehead to check for a temperature.

"Are you feeling okay Shawnie?" She asked, and he smiled up at her.

"Feeling great and getting better."

Eric turned to Anna.

"Okay this is weird." Eric said, as Anna nodded.

"I know." He agreed. "I'm thinking some cat scans are in order."

"No, it's this great idea, I got it from Cor. You see, you read the book backwards, and then you everything you read before will make sense." Shawn explained, making sense on why he was already at the end of the book.

"Yup, definitely a cat scan." Eric said, Anna nodding in agreement before his pocket started buzzing.

"What is..." she began, but he didn't let her finish as he bolted out the door.

"The pager! I have to go!" He shouted, but she jumped in front of him, holding onto his shoulders so he couldn't go anywhere.

"No, absolutely not! I don't care what errand Desiree is sending you on, you are going to sit down, and take a moment of peace! Eat some lunch, get a milkshake, anything!" She shouted, and he shook his head, both teens out of breath from fighting each other.