Diagon Alley

There was so much excitement going on at the Violet house. Bethany just found out she was a witch and found out her mother had been one all along. Her father had no knowledge of Bethany's mother being a witch so when he found out, he was overwhelmed too. At first, like Bethany, he thought it was all a joke, but just as she did to Bethany, her mother showed her husband how exactly magic worked. To Bethany's amazement he was thrilled that she had inherited her mother's powers.

"Aww! Dad, I'm so glad you are happy. I was afraid you wouldn't want me as your daughter anymore," I told him as we were all sitting discussing the changes.

"Now Bethy, why would not want you as my daughter. It's a great power to have, and I can't wait to see you grow in your abilities. I'm sure you will be just like your mother," he said winking at mum. Mum's face flushed. It was great seeing them love each other so much despite their differences.

Now that everything was settled with her father, Bethany went straight to her room and marked on her calendar that next Monday she would get her schoolbooks and other equipment. In the meantime, she was trying to find out as much as she could from her mother about the wizarding world pestering her mother every chance she could.

"Well, it's not just witches and wizards, there are other creatures, some bad and some good. I'm sure while at Hogwarts you will learn about a lot of them, but if you want to find out as much as you can prior to arriving, this book will help." To Bethany's surprise her mother conjured out of thin air a book called "Hogwarts, A History," and "A History of Magic."

The next several days passed by in no time. Bethany had read both books front to back, thirsty for knowledge of the wizarding world.

Finally, Monday arrived, and her mother woke her up at the crack of dawn. Usually, Bethany would groan and lazily get out of bed but today was different she got up and out of bed, shoveled her food into her mouth and got dressed.

"Today's the day!" I said to myself. There was still no sign of mum, "Mum! Where are you, we must leave now if you want to get there on time!"

"Coming Bethany!" I heard her coming through the kitchen to the living area where I was waiting and finally, she asked, "Well are you ready."

"I have been for the past week!" I told her though my biggest grin.

"Alright well now that we are a wizarding family, I set up a floo network system in our house. Now you know the rules. Speak very, very clearly. Just 'Diagon Alley'. Nothing more nothing less. And wait right where..."

Before she could finish, I completed her words of wisdom, "Yes mum I know, 'wait right where I come out from'." Slowly I worked my way into the fireplace which grew somehow as I got in. Suddenly green flames erupted around my feet, and I grabbed the floo power and said, "DIAGON ALLEY."

Next thing I knew I was in a street covered with what felt like millions of people. The colors of the shops were vibrant and warm, and I swore I even saw a witch flying on a broom! My mother slowly came next to me and said,
"Well here we are dear, Diagon Alley."