Platform 9 & 3/4

Finally, the day is here! I'm going to Hogwarts! I thought to myself. I can't wait to start heading there. My mother just finished telling me about the Hogwarts Express. A big beautiful red steam engine. It sounds wonderful and I cannot contain my excitement to ride. I just don't understand how there is platform 9 and 3/4. Mum said we have to walk through a barrier, but what if I can't do it? She keeps insisting that I'll be fine, but I'm not so sure.

The worst thing is the train isn't even my biggest worry. I just don't know how I'm going to make friends. Here at my muggle school, I had one close friend, but she moved away last year so I was alone for my last year there. I always preferred books over the latest clothing and trends. Girls my age just didn't understand why I would be like this.

"Bethy, come say goodbye to your good old dad before you leave!" Said my father downstairs.

I sprinted down the stairs and found him in the kitchen I ran in for a warm embrace, and he held me in his arms and said, "I don't know what I'm going to do without my little Bethy here. I'll miss you so much."

"Oh dad. I'll write every week! Mum said that they have a whole owlery full of owls I can use to send letters. Plus, I have Moe here who will deliver my mail anytime." I said as I pointed to my brown barn owl. Mum and Dad surprised me with him just yesterday. We had some bonding to do, but we were getting along for the most part.

"I know sweetheart. I just want you to know I love you. Now go before I regret sending you there." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Alright dad. I love you too." I said before I picked up my things and got into the car to head to Kings Cross Station.

Once at the station I got my things loaded onto a trolley and followed my mum to the barrier. It was a quarter to 11, so I still had plenty of time to reach the train.
"Alright. This will probably be the weirdest thing I ever tell you, but you see the barrier between 9 and 10. Run straight through it. I'll follow you in." My mum said with a smile.

I got in line with the barrier and started a slight jog straight towards it. I thought about backing down for a few seconds, but by the time I thought it I was standing on a completely different platform. I looked around and saw a sign reading, "Platform 9 and 3/4, The Hogwarts Express." While amazed by what I was looking at my mother pulled me along to the train.

"Alright put your things in a compartment and come say goodbye to me, she said with a tear forming in her eye.

"Okay, I will be just a second!" I expressed running to the train. My trunk was heavy, so I was glad when an older boy offered to help me put it away. Once my trunk was put away, I carefully set Moe on the empty seat and rushed back to my mum. Before she had time to think, I grabbed her and hugged her with all my might. "I love you mum."

"Oh sweetheart, I love you too." She said though a slight sniffle, she was fighting hard to hold back any tears, "I know you will have so much fun this year. Just don't forget about dad and me while you are away."

"I won't mum, I promise." With that I gave her one final hug and went back to my compartment. I found Moe and gave him an encouraging smile. "I can do this Moe. We both can."

"Excuse me." Said a voice I found somewhat familiar. I turned around and saw none other than the red-headed boy from Diagon Alley, Fred Weasley.