LOST

LISA

I'm on my way now to a special meeting with one of the big bosses in the luxury brand industry. No other than, the Vera Wang of Hermes. I am actually wondering why she requested me to meet her at a fancy restaurant in the middle of grand London. And take note, just me alone to present to her our concept for Hermes' holiday season ad.

As I drive, I am thinking of what Rocky told me. Rocky has been in the advertising industry for about a decade now. He's our new senior account manager of our company and he is really good in dealing with our clients. He told me that Vera knows me already. He said that he was also surprised when Vera asked for my sole presence in the meeting. Rocky gave me an advice to be careful with her as she is really a well known player in London.  She sleeps with random men and women that she likes even if she's married. And she really gets what she wants.

I informed Jennie through text about this meeting and even my fiancée knows everything about Vera.  Jennie suddenly got mad at me and I don't know why. She has been rushing me to come home. Ugh! I just took a deep breath. I need to work, Jen. This is for you and Ri.

When I arrived at the restaurant, the lady in black ushered me to Vera's table.
Wow! She's really fancy and stunning. But sorry. Jennie is still the prettiest for me. I greeted her and bowed. She told me to take a seat and she licked her lip after she drank her wine sexily. Yeah. Rocky was right.  She has this vibe of wanting to take you to bed. But I came here as the Creative Director of our agency and I have Jennie in my life now.

"Have you ever told by someone how hot you are and attractive?"Out of the blue, she said that while I am presenting to her our creative brief. She even traced my leg under the table using the tip of her shoes.

I took some air and cleared my throat. I am trembling inside because I am not used to this. I mean, being treated this way by other woman while I'm with Jennie. But I still have to look confident. I smirked and drank my wine.

"Yes. My fiancée always tells me."I said and smiled at her.

"Fiancé? But you don't have a ring. Hmmm."She's still trying her luck.

"I'm an intersex, Ma'am. I am attracted to only one girl whole my life. Let's say since we were 10.I was the one who proposed to her.But I have never given her a ring yet since I am still saving up for it. And we have a son to raise. Hopefully, next year I can buy her a beautiful ring."I told her and she took a sip on her glass again.

I have been checking on my phone as it keeps vibrating. Jennie is calling and sending me messages non stop. My presentation through my tab is about to finish and I think she likes my team's idea. I also took some suggestions from her but she told me we'll do all of our concept and she's good with it.

Suddenly, Jennie appeared behind her. Gosh. She's carrying Ri in her arms. Why did she take our son out this evening?

"Love, you're here. We're almost done but here, take a seat."I stood up and let Jennie sit, but since we're done, she didn't mind taking it anymore.

"Oh. So, the fiancée is the human Chanel. But why are you so simple today, Ms. Kim?"Vera stood up and offered a handshake to Jennie. She recognized her.

Well, luxury brand owners know each other. She took it and just smiled at her. But I saw how Jennie's brows raised.

Jennie and I left. I made sure she's fine at the passenger seat with our son before I started the car. We're not talking but I keep looking at her on the mirror. Jennie's eyes are not the same as before.  I can see no joy. She's like puzzled, filled with questions and sorrow. It made me scared.  I should talk to her once we got home. So when we arrived, she put Ri in his crib and she warmed our food in the kitchen. We brought ourselves to the dining table after I took off my shoes and kissed my son.