BAKER STREET

LISA

I am really so desperate now. So desperate to the point that I already want to ask help from my brother and try from my parents as well. But last week, I got a call from Jackson that his daughter has a rheumatic heart disease at a very young age and they are now doing everything from getting the best heart Doctor and having the excellent medication for his child. It's a bad timing to borrow money from him. And how about to ask help from my parents, should I really try? How about from Kai, Rosé or Jisoo? Well, our communication got weak when I left Korea. You know, I just tried my best to forget Jennie. For sure we'll just talk about her if we keep communicating with each other. I also don't want to trouble them and worry about me. They have their own lives too.

And yes, I really miss them.

My phone woke me up with a call from an unknown number.

L: Hello.

"Hello. May I speak with Lisa Manoban?"

L: Hello. Good morning, Sir. Speaking. How may I help you?

"This is Adam Gore, HR of Rutes Adverts. May we invite you for a job interview today at 2?"

I'm speechless. My tears suddenly fell. I only have a few pounds left in my wallet. My bank, zero. Rion's milk is only good for three days left. I don't have a job for almost a year now. What should I do? Maybe I should throw my pride away and look for a job that I can get in easily.

I prepared myself. Cooked breakfast. Bathe Ri and fixed him for school. Washed our clothes and dishes. Clean the house. Left and brought my son to school.

I gazed at him and I noticed there's something wrong. He was so happy when I kissed his cheeks and hugged him so tight. But the moment he entered the school's premises, his eyes became weak and there's something like he wants to tell me.

Yeah right. He saw a mother who dropped his son in school before we hugged each other. God, please guide me in raising my son. Please give me a good health because there's no one who can be with him in our lives if I disappear. Give me the wisdom to face life so I'll have the strength to become the best version of myself for my son. I know I can't give him a mother, but I can shower him with all my love and support as he grows up.

I arrived at Rutes Adverts at 130pm, just in time for the interview. I took a deep breath and prayed so hard that I'll be the one who'll get hired from thirteen people who's here with me on the waiting area for the same position I applied for. Lord, please, I need this so bad.

I was called when my turn came. I got inside the interview room and there were two ladies and one man sitting on a long table. I bowed to them and greeted them with my best smile.

"Lisa Manoban"The man said.

"Wait. Who? Wait. I can't believe this. You are Lisa Manoban? The one from Skylar?"The lady would just like to verify and I confirmed by nodding.

You might think that I am having an advantage here, I know, reader. You might think that they're impressed because they know how good as a Creative Director I was before.

But no.

They were probably not informed beforehand that I am one of the applicants. And these people in front of me are fully aware that I am blacklisted.

"Uhmm. Lisa, as-- as much as we want to push through with the interview now, I think, you know why we shouldn't. We are very sorry that our HR missed to review the list."The lady in a suit said.