Ch. 21

Bri's POV
"I don't want to see him, hide me. Now," I said to nobody in particular.

Then, Nash kind of laughed handed me a blanket and said, "You can be a blanket now."

Matt's POV

I walked in and saw Nash, Cameron, Faith, and a little girl wrapped up in a blanket sitting straight across from the television.

I just stared and cupped my nose.

They tried their best not to pay attention to me, so I acted as if they weren't even there.

Why were they there in the first place?

I walked straight up to the front desk and checked in. Then, my mother and I sat down and she filled out papers for me because I had blood all over my hands.

Then, I walked back up to the front desk and asked the lady, "Why are those people here?" I asked and pointed to where they were sitting.

"Are you a friend of theirs?" the lady asked.

I hesitated for a moment at that question.

"Y-yes," I finally said.

"Okay then, they are here because of a patient with a very severe concussion. I can't give you any other details, but I hope that clears things up a bit," the lady said.

"Okay, thank you," I said, and sat back down.

I sat down and stared at them.

The next thing I knew, I was laying on a bed in a hospital room with a bunch of tubes connected to me.

Bri's POV

"Is he gone yet?" I whispered to Nash and Cameron.

I was hiding under a blanket, that was laying across Aaliyah, so it looked like she was just wrapped up in a blanket.

"Yeah, you can come out," I heard Aaliyah say.

I came out from under the blanket and flattened my hair, knowing that it would be staticky.

"What was up with him?" I asked Nash.

"He was all upset because Shawn broke his nose, and his mom hadn't taken him to the hospital in two days. Did you know that he talks VERY LOUDLY?!" Nash explained.

"Yes, I do," I replied, laughing, "just because I was under the blanket doesn't mean that I couldn't hear. I just wanted to see what Shawn broke. Or if it even was broken."

"Yeah, it looked hella broken to me," Cameron replied.

"Cameron! We have a child here!" I shouted and covered Aaliyah's ears.