Ch. 42

Shawn's POV

(A/N again... This is basically going to be a summary of what happened that week and a half, because Shawn really did nothing that whole time, so he's just explaining what happened)

Once we got home, Bri reunited with her parents and I stayed the night with her. Then, that morning, I went home to reunite with my parents, because remember I was at Bri's house the whole time she was being held hostage. Apparently while I was going into the hospital to get Bri out, Jaxson called the police and the arrested Jack and later, Matt.

The whole next week, Bri and her parent's lawyer were going to court to determine if Matt and Jack were guilty or not.

Once that week was over I got a phone call from Bri.

*middle of phone call*

"What?! They're not guilty?! Both of them tried to kill you, and one of them broke into a hospital!" I shouted into the phone.

Bri had just called me to tell me that Matt and Jack were not determined guilty.

"Calm down, Jack is still going to jail for destroying the hospital and molesting a minor, and both Matt and Jack are paying for the hospital," Bri said.

"Wait? Jack molested you!?!" I shouted into the phone, this time except louder.

I was in my room, getting this call, and I bet that my neighbor's neighbor's could hear me very clearly.

"Can we not talk about that?" Bri asked.

"No, we can't, Bri. I just want to know if he hurt you," I said, trying my best to stay calm.

"He didn't hurt me, just put me in shock that's all," she answered.

"Okay, but please tell me everything.

I heard a faint yell through the phone and Bri said, "I'm sorry, Shawn, that's my mom calling me, I have to go. Can we talk later?" She said, sounding in a hurry.

I heaved out a breath of air, "Fine," I said.

She hung up on me, and I went back to laying on my bed and writing a song. I haven't gotten time to do that lately, because of what's been going on, but I feel that now is the beginning of starting to feel how normal feels.

Bri's POV

"What mom?!" I shouted, after hanging up on Shawn.

I had lied to him in the talk. I told him that Jack was going to jail. He just has to do community services for like the rest of his life. But that's okay.

"Someone's wanting to see you!" my mother yelled from downstairs.

"Okay, coming!" I yelled.

I opened my bedroom door and ran down the stairs, which were right next to the front door. My mother was standing at the door, holding it open for Jack, who was holding a bouquet of flowers.

I smiled.

"Oh, hi, Jack," I said.