Ch. 26

Shawn's POV

"You what?" I asked. I asked her this because I wasn't sure if I was shocked or confused as to what she said.

"I'm sorry," Bri said, tears forming in her eyes.

"Why did you do this?" I asked her.

"Why did I do this? You obviously don't care," she replied, sounding like she was getting angry.

"Why wouldn't I care?" I asked in a calming voice.

"You didn't seem to care when you were in the mall all over that girl," she replied.

"What? I told you, Bri, that I wasn't even near her. I was just talking to her," I said, still trying to be calm.

"No, I saw what I saw, and what I saw was you at lease two inches away from this girl with your hand on the wall, looking like you were about to make out with her at any second!" Bri shouted.

I finally stood up and said, as calm as I could, "Yes, I was talking to her, but I was not pushing her up against the wall. She was one of the workers at the zoo. She was talking to me about the koala. I was going to surprise yo-"

I stopped talking when Bri passed out.

Bri's POV

All I remember is Shawn apologizing.

Then black.

Then a flash of red and blue lights and a siren.

Then dark.

Then a lot of talking and people in blue.

Then blackness.

I remember somebody's voice running through my head screaming, "Help! Somebody please help me! Help! Mom! Dad! Help!"

There were sniffles in between the words, then when the scream was over, a face would pop into my mind.

The person was a boy. He had brown hair and brown eyes.

His face was read, there were tears down his cheeks, his eyes were puffy, and he kept looking down at me, touching my hand ever so slightly.

Then, he whispered, "Please don't let go," and I blacked out from there on.