Ch. 30

Shawn's POV

The whole carride there, there was not music playing. It was just us, holding hands, and me telling her how beautiful she looked.

Once we got near the spot where we were going to go, I had Bri close her eyes and keep them shut until I said that she could open them.

When we got there, I helped her out of the truck and walked her to the bed of it and helped her in.

I found the picnic basket by the two trees holding the sheet up for the movie and set out the food on a blanket in the truck.

There were pillows and spare blankets for us just in case.

I made sure that everything was perfect and said, "Okay, open your eyes," and with that, Bri opened her eyes and gasped and pulled me into a hug then planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I love you," she whispered in my ear.

I pulled her away so that she was in front of my and my hands were on her shoulders and said, "I love you too."

After we got done eating, we watched Big Hero 6, a movie that she has been dying to see, and cuddled.

Once the movie was over, Bri and I laid under the stars for half an hour and then we packed up and I drove her home.

Once I got her to her house, I dropped her off and drove my truck just out of sight of the house and parked it.

Then, I sneakily climbed up the big tree by her window and leaned over a branch and knocked on it. She walked over to it and opened it.

She smiled.