Ch. 18

Bri's POV
*9:30 pm*

I walked over to the door and owned it.

"Mom? What's up?" I asked.

"Come downstairs now," she replied a little strictly.

So, I walked downstairs and saw Shawn's mom standing there with a crying Aaliyah.

I ran over to Aaliyah and hugged her.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, a little worried.

Aaliyah and I sat down on the couch and Puddles cuddled with her.

"Well, we can't seem to find Shawn. We've been calling his phone, we drove around town and looked for him like he was a lost dog. The last time anybody saw him was when he was here. Do you know where he could've gone?" His mother asked me.

I thought about this.

Where would he go if he felt like he hurt somebody?

"Yes," I said after about five minutes of thinking.

Aaliyah stopped crying and sat up, smiling.

"Where?" Aaliyah asked.

The next thing I knew, I was speeding to Glory Park with Shawn's family in the car.

I had tears running down my face.

Before I got in the car, his mother took me to the side of my house and told me something that I didn't want to hear.

°Flashback to then°

"What is it?" I asked a little concerned.

She started to tear up.

"Shawn hasn't been home for the past five days. We thought he was staying at your house and not telling us. But according to Jaxson, he hasn't. We don't know where he would be going. He hasn't been at Nash, Cameron, or Taylor's house at all. I just want to see his happy face again, but I want it to be at home. Not in pictures," She said, tears flowing from her eyes.

This is all my fault, I thought.

"Sorry, I don't know where he would be staying. But once we find him, I'll talk to him. It's going to be okay," I said, hugging her.

The we wiped our tears and walked to the car.
°end flashback°

I parked in the parking lot of Glory Park.

I hopped out of the car and sprinted to the big tree.

It was 11:30, so I had a flashlight with me.

When I got to the tree, I saw Shawn there, and he was leaned up against it, sleeping.

His face was purple and he was shivering.

"I found him!" I shouted, my voice squeaking because I was starting to cry.

His family ran over to him and Aaliyah hugged him and squeezed him tight.

That woke him up.

He looked up and smiled.

Then, his parents bent over and hugged him.

When they let go, he said, "I'm cold."

I let out a breath of air, which I considered a laugh.

Even though it was spring, it still got down to at least 25°F at night.

And Shawn was there for two nights in a row without a blanket.

We were afraid that he would have frost bite or hypothermia, because he couldn't move.

So, we carried him to the car, wrapped five thick, blankets around him and turned the heat all the way up and drove to the emergency room.

Shawn's POV

All I remember from then on is waking up in a hospital with a lot of blankets on. I was laying on a hospital bed, and nobody was in the room with me. I heard something beeping.

It had a slow beat, but once I heard the door open, it sped up.

I had a thing covering my nose and mouth that I was breathing into.

Then, a girl with straight blonde hair and bright blue eyes walked in.

She had tears running down her face.

She ran over to me and bent over and hugged me.

She felt and looked so familiar, but I just couldn't figure out who it was.

Then, a young girl with brown hair walked in.

She said a name and ran over to me and hugged me too.

Then, they sat down next to me and two people walked in.

They were older.

The girl had brown, curly-ish, hair and the guy had dark brown hair.

They both had brown eyes.

They said the same name as the girl and hugged me.

Next, they sat down next to me and the woman held my hand.

Then, a person wearing a blue coat, and fluffy hat walked in.

He had a clipboard. His hair was covered by the hat, but his eyes were two different colors.

One hazel, and the other blue.

He spoke a few words that I didn't understand, but the people sitting did.

They all smiled.

I sat up and said something I'll probably regret.

"Who are you?"