Ch. 47

Shawn's POV

I woke up underneath the giant pine tree where I had fallen asleep before. I slowly propped myself up on my elbows and looked around. There were squirrels, birds, chipmunks, and even deer, around me.

My eyes widened, and I slowly started standing up. Then, I slowly started walking away.

Once I was far enough away, I quickened my pace to a fast walk. I somehow made it onto a road, and I just started slowly walking down the side of it.

I kept on walking in one direction, and that's when I saw a figure sprinting toward me. It looked like a female, because of the figure's features. Once it started approaching me, and I was getting closer, I could tell that it was somebody I knew.

Brianna.

I kind of just stopped dead in my tracks, not knowing to run away or be happy that she's here.

The next thing I knew, I was being tackled to the ground by her.

"Brianna," I said, trying to catch a breath.

She quickly got off me and helped me up, "I'm sorry, I was at Jack's and I just ran away, and I didn't look where I was going, and I'm sorry, Shawn," she said.

"You were at Jack's?" I asked, getting a little bit angry and raising one eyebrow.

"Shawn, it's not what you think, after you ran, Jack took me to his place to calm me down, and I-I remembered how bad I feel for just leaving you. And Jack made me find out that I still have feelings for you, because you were always there for me, and you were my longest relationship, and I just left you, and I just can't throw you away, and I am sorry for everything. You were always there for me, even if it meant risking your own life, you would be there to save me, (a/n title reference) and I just forgot all about that and threw you away like you never even existed. I just want you to know that I never wanted to leave you, it just sort of happened, and I still have feelings for you. I miss the was that you would kiss me if I ever starting going off, I miss the way that you would always check up on my if you knew something was wrong, I miss the way you would sneak up through my bedroom window as if you couldn't just knock on the front door. I miss how you would always smile at me as if you were thinking that you had the best girl in the world. I miss the way you would do the stupidest stuff with me no matter what. Shawn, I just miss you, and I can't just let you go. Leaving you for Jack was the dumbest thing I've ever done. And I want to go back and tell myself to not do it, because it was so stupid. I am so stupid for leaving you. You were my everything and I just threw that away. I will never ever get a guy like you ever again, and I just forgot all about that to go to an asshole that almost killed me. Shawn, I know it'll be hard for you to take me back, but can we at least be friends and start over?" Brianna explained, tears coming out of her eyes.

I wiped away her tear and held her shoulders.

I missed this.

I missed us.

But she's right, I can't just take her back like that, she cheated on me.

I pulled her into a hug, holding the back of her head, with my hand, and I whispered into we ear, "Yeah, I can do that," and I smiled.

We stood there, our bodies intertwined with one another for quite awhile, and once I pulled away, I leaned in and kissed her cheek.

I missed the feeling of her skin on mine. I wanted to tell her how perfect she is, even though she made a mistake, but the silence told her all of that already.

"Lets go home," I said, and wrapped my arm around her, and started walking in the direction that she came from.