Ch. 43

Bri's POV

"Jack, we have to keep this a secret. Shawn thinks that you are in jail, and I can't let him know that you aren't in jail, and have been visiting me. He would kill you and me," I said.

Jack and I are in my room, sitting on the bed, and talking.

"Keep why a secret?" Jack asked, raising an eyebrow.

"This, whatever this is," I said, motioning my hand back and forth between Jack and I.

"What is this?" Jack asked.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Just please don't let Shawn know about you," I asked.

"That's something for you to handle. That's not my business," Jack said.

"But I don't want to hurt him, just stay away from him as much as you can," I said.

"Why are you even still with him? Wait, let me answer that, it's because you don't want to hurt him. You don't actually love him do you? You just say that to keep him from doing what you've done," Jack said, getting louder as he spoke.

I didn't speak. I just sat there and thought about what he had said. Do I actually love Shawn? I mean I do say the words, but I don't feel anything special between us two. Yes, I don't want to hurt him, but is that the only reason why I'm still with him? I haven't talked to him for days, and I feel like I've moved on from him.

A tear fell from my eye.

Jack took my face into his left hand and wiped my tear.

Then, he pulled me in so my head was buried in his chest. I cried into his chest, I cried so many tears that I could fill a mason jar with them.

I cried because I was with the wrong person. I am meant to be with Jack.