Ch. 45

Jack's POV

Once Bri left the room, I got out of the closet. She didn't actually think that I was going to stay in that closet, did she?

"What the fuck Bri!" I heard a man's voice yell. Must be Shawn.

"Look, I'm sorry! I didn't tell you because I didn't want to hurt you!" I heard Bri shout, I could tell that she was crying.

"Don't you think that I would've found out sooner or later?!" Shawn shouted.

I just sat on the bed and smirked. Did he really believe that I had to go to jail? My life was threatened and me thought that I had to go to jail? I laughed.

"God dammit, Shawn! I said I'm sorry! Can you please just stop yelling at me?!" Bri screamed.

Shawn's POV

"Look, Bri, why can't you just tell me the truth? Why is Jack here?" I asked, trying to calm down.

"S-Shawn, I-I told you I'm sorry," Bri said, looking down at the ground.

"That wasn't the question," I said, shouting when I said that.

"Tell me the truth," I said, frowning.

"J-Jack and I have been with each other for two weeks," Bri said slowly.

"Excuse me?" I said, my blood boiling.

"Look Shawn, I'm sorry," Bri said, looking up at me, tears streaming down her face.

"No, I'm sorry. Sorry that I even trusted you. Goodbye Brianna," I said, turning to the front door and slamming it on the way out.

Then, I ran, I ran until my legs started trembling and I had to stop. I bent over, with my hands on my knees. I was in the middle of the woods and I sat down underneath a huge pine tree.

Then, I started crying. I just let it all out, my anger, my sadness. I just sat there and I screamed. I screamed as loud as I possibly can and I just broke down.

The last thing I remember is crying myself to sleep.

Bri's POV

After Shawn ran out the front door, I tried to follow him, but he was sprinting and I couldn't keep up.

Once he was out of sight, I fell to the ground and started crying into my hands.

"Fuck you! Fuck you!" I shouted at the top if my lungs.

From behind me I heard footsteps. I didn't turn to see who it was.

Then, I felt his strong arms around me and I felt safe again.