Ch. 16

Bri's POV

I was stuck in my house with my injured ex on the floor, bleeding from his nose, and my boyfriend running away from what he just did.

Then, the door opened slowly, and I looked up from Matt and saw Jaxson's smile disappear.

My vision was getting blurry, so I blinked, making the tears drip out from my eyes.

"What happened?" Jaxson asked, pointing to Matt.

I couldn't speak. All that came out of my mouth was a little squeak.

"It's okay, Bri. Just calm down and tell me what happened," Jaxson said, stepping over Matt and walking towards me.

Matt was groaning out of pain, and he was shouting.

I didn't listen to him.

"Matt, came in, and Shawn, punched him," I said, gasping for breath.

"Okay, where is Shawn?" Jaxson asked me.

I shrugged, and pointed down to Matt who was now struggling to get up.

Jaxson bent over and helped him up.

Then, when Matt could walk without tipping over, he ran to his truck and drove off, probably going to the hospital.

Shawn's POV

I ran.

As far as I could.

I didn't know where I was going, but I ran to where I felt safe.

I ended up stopping behind a baseball field in Glory Park.

I just sat down behind a tree and thought about what just happened.

Bri POV

Once I calmed down, Jaxson sat me down on the couch and asked me questions.

One of them was, "Where do you think Shawn went?"

I didn't know the answer. I was just freaked out.

*30 minutes later*

After driving around my neighborhood with Cameron, Nash, and Jaxson for 20 minutes yelling for Shawn, we have up and drove back home.

When we got home, we set the table and acted like none of this happened.

Then, we went with the plan and did it without Shawn, because my parents don't know that we're dating yet.

And Nash and Cameron sat down at the table while I waited for my parents in the living room.

The doorbell rang, and I put a huge smile on my face and slowly walked up to the door.

It was my mom and dad.