Ch. 49

Song for chapter: Little Do You Know by: Alex and Sierra

Bri's POV

Once I got to my house, I sat in my room and just thought about everything.

I left Shawn for Jack... who I just left.

And I broke Jack's window, that I'm going to have to pay for.

I have no idea where Shawn went, because I followed him until I got to my house, and his house was in a completely different neighborhood than mine and he was walking in the opposite direction of it.

He's probably just pulling the "I'm going to run away for a few days, hoping for someone to come find me," move.

I don't think he wants to be found, but it just happens, and he feels lost when he's found, and found when he's lost.

Shawn's POV

I can't help myself when I'm alone. I just wander off, thinking about everything.

Like where she is, or what she's doing, or if she's thinking about me, or if she misses me, or if she is hurting, or if she's alone, or if she needs me and I'm just here doing nothing about it.

I shouldn't have done this to her.

I shouldn't have let her done this to herself. If I hadn't left her side, she wouldn't have done this.

But she has Jack.

And she's happy.

And I'm just nothing to her now.

She's forgotten all about me.

Who's a Shawn?

A nothing.

Bri's POV

I can't stop thinking about Shawn.

Where is he?

Wandering.

Why?

Because he's lost.

Lost?

Lost. With himself.

Why?

Because I fucking ruined him.

How?

I made him think that he was my only. I told him I loved him. I told him that I would never leave him, and he said he would never leave me.

I ruined him.

He trusted that I was okay. He trusted that I wouldn't hurt myself anymore, but I let him down.

If only he understood.

Are you sad?

No. Just hurting. In pain.

I hope he's okay.

I need to talk to him.

I need him to understand that I was just stupid and in pain. That I'm not sad. Just hurting.

Shawn's POV

I stop walking when I get to a tall brown house. I stop in front of it, on the sidewalk.

I look around at all the houses.

I am lost, yet somehow I feel found.

I turn back to the big brown house.

My legs move toward the house.

I get up to the door and my hand gripped the doorknob and twisted.

I pushed and stepped in.

Bri's POV

As I was sitting on my bed, legs pulled up to my chest, my arms wrapped around them, tears running down my cheek, ruining my makeup, I heard the front door open.

I quickly straightened my legs out and wiped my cheeks. I sniffed and opened the door to my room.

I slowly made my way down the hallway leading to the stairs.

When I got to the top of the stairs the front door was wide open and nobody was there.

I walked the stairs, my arms trembling with fear. I made my way completely down the stairs and turned to the kitchen.

There he was.

His back was facing me.

"Shawn," I whispered.

Shawn's POV

"Shawn," I heard a faint whisper coming from a familiar voice.

I turned around, holding the apple in my hand.

When I recognized her face I dropped the apple, along with my mouth.

The next thing I knew, my arms were wrapped around her and her face was buried in my chest and I could feel her tears soaking my shirt.

I rested my head on hers and a tear escaped my eye.

Not out of weakness or sadness. I just missed this. I missed us.