Ch. 41

Shawn's POV

Jaxson roared on the car engine of his red Camaro. I hopped in the passenger's side and I wasn't even buckled when he started driving off. It was probably 2:00 in the morning, and nobody was on the interstate, so instead of Jaxson driving 70 mph, he sped and drove 90 mph.

"Jaxson, do you think that Bri is okay?" I asked. Jaxson slowed the car and looked at me.

"Well, in the video she looked perfectly fine to me, so I pray to God that she is okay," he said, and took the exit that lead to the hospital.

The rest of the way there, I began to get ready to go potentially save my girlfriend's life. Once Jaxson got in the parking lot, he turned off his headlights and turned the car off.

"Wait, Shawn, before you leave, can I just ask you one thing?" Jaxson asked turning to me.

"Uh, yeah what is it?" I said, turning toward him.

"Please keep Bri and yourself safe, I don't want to see you guys injured more than you already are," he said, tears forming in his eyes.

"I promise that I will do my best to keep us safe," I said, then turned to the car door, and opened it, and left it open. Then, I sprinted inside the hospital, and I had to try and find where her room was.

I knew she was on the first floor, unless Jack moved her, which I hope that he didn't. I decided to slow my run into a jog, which very quickly turned into a quiet walk. I was tip-toeing when I saw Jack run across the hallway in front of me. He didn't see me, thank goodness, so I started to walk normally, and this time a little faster to the next room.

All the rooms were silent, except for one, where I heard heavy breathing. I quickly walked near the room, and when I saw her face, I almost didn't recognize her. She looked scared out of her mind.

Bri's POV

"Shawn?" I whispered.

"Bri's, are you okay?" Shawn asked, walking closer.

"Yes, but Jack should be getting back soon, we have to go," I said.

"I know, may I?" Shawn asked, pointing to my legs, indicating that e wanted to pick me up.

I nodded, "Hurry up please," I said. Shawn walked up to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck, dropping the gun on the bed, but I still held the knife just in case.

"Babe, what is that?" Shawn asked, pointing toward the gun.

"It's a gun, now please can we go?" I asked into his ear.

Shawn nodded. and started sprinting, and I mean like sprinting as fast as he could, to the parking lot, where Jaxson's car was parked. The passenger's side door was open, and Shawn set me down on the ground, and eloped me get in the back. instead of Shawn getting in the front seat, he got in the back with me and Jaxson started speeding away.

Shawn's POV

I just wanted to cry tears of joy.

She's okay.

I can't believe it, she's actually okay.

"Bri?" I asked, tears brimming my eyes.

"Yes, Shawn?" she said, turning to me.

I smiled, and my chin quivered.

"I'm so happy that you're okay," I said, and leaned in and placed my lips on hers.

Oh how I missed the feel of her lips, the touch of her skin. I missed her so much, and I was just so happy that she was okay.

I placed my right hand around her head, and my left arm lightly around her back, trying not to hurt her.

I pulled away and said, "I love you."

She smiled and said it back.