Part five: Ummm Gary's first battle

-Gary Oak: Return of the Ponce-

Throwing open the doors to the Pokémon center, Gary oak grumbled. Ever since Viridian where he found out that the loser Ash had somehow got more Pokémon than him, and lucked out with them all being shiny, Gary had been determined to prove that he was the best.

"It was so adorable." He heard the Nurse laugh as she looked at what he guessed was a video call on a tablet, "I can't remember the last time I saw a young trainer so flustered. And those two didn't give Ash much of a choice about things as they went with him."

"Ketchum?" he exclaimed, confused as to why the nurse looked up annoyed at him hearing her conversation.

"Yes, Ash Ketchum won his first gym badge here several days ago and then left with two pretty girls who seemed determined to, um, 'place their mark' on him." The nurse smirked "Now do you need something? Also, please refrain from winking, doing your finger guns, or calling me 'toots'." She scowled in disgust much to his confusion, what woman didn't want the attention of an Oak? The Oak family were a group of Alpha Males and studs.

"I need my team healed so I can crush the Pewter Gym Leader!" he put on his serious game face. Together, he, Squirtle, Pidgey, and ratatta would crush the town's Gym Leader into the dust.

-One battle…um scrap?...one trouncing later-

Near catatonic, Gary Oak fell to his knees. His Squirtle had gone down easily to Brock's geodude with a thunder punch and his Ratatta hadn't even been able to make a scratch on the Rock trainer's Pokémon. "I ramped up my training after the last guy who challenged me." The Gym leader told him "He took out my Onyx with a Pikachu and his magicarp defeated that geodude with at tackle. After loosing to that Ketchum kid we decided to take things more seriously. You should try the same."

"…Ketchum?" he seethed, "I AM BETTER THAN THAT LOSER ASH!"

"…Yeaaaah, not really." The Gym leader shrugged unphased "You need a lot of work. That kid I can see winning the league if he keeps up whatever his regiment is."

"AAAAAAARGH!"