Part 20: Celebration for Ash (without the Bakugo and Monoma clone)

-Ash: The Pride of Pallet-

"THAT'S! MY! BOY!" Ash's dad cheered excitedly as all of pallet was at the Oak Ranch for a celebration of Ash setting regional records for the speed in which he got his badges, having never lost a battle since becoming a trainer, catching every Kanto Native Pokémon in just their shiny forms, even the legendary birds which he had found on his way back to Pallet after winning his last badge, and finally catching the corrupt criminal gym leaders Blaine and Giovanni.

At his side were Amy ang Giselle who looked frazzled after having spent the last hour along with his mother as she decided to 'interview' them to make sure she approved. They had passed but he could tell they were likely terrified of the Ketchum family Housewife. Momma Ketchum was currently off gloating to every other mother from the town about his achievements.

"Thanks dad." Ash laughed, "But now I have to figure out what to do while I wait for the Indigo League."

"I might be able to help you out with that Ash." Professor Oak walked over, the man having been in a euphoria high every time Ash saw him given all the shinnies the man got to study. "I have a friend down in the Orange Islands who found something interesting and I wanted to know if you could head down there to retrieve it for me."

"Hey Babe, don't the Orange Islands have their own smaller league?" Amy asked.

"You could do that as well to kill time before winning the Indigo League." Giselle offered as well.

"Ash do you really think you'll have time to...oh who am I kidding, you'll probably beat their champion within a weak." The professor sighed, "Just get me the GS ball and I don't care what you do."

"Yo Prof, how's Gary been doing anyway? I haven't seen him since I got Pikachu." Ash asked as he began scarfing down the table of food that was reserved just for him.

"He's...beaten Erika." The old researcher said slowly.

"Good for him." Ash smiled innocently at the old man, "I can't wait to face him in the league."

"The League...right." Professor Oak seemed to deflate, not that Ash noticed as his focus was now on the far more important thing that was Momma Ketchum's Cooking.

-Gare-Bear-

Eyes wide, Gary Oak ran like the wind to escape from Fuschia City and its Loan Shark ring. He had finally gotten down to the town after trouncing that airhead Erika and used all the money he had won for Safari Zone entry passes and Safari balls...and caught nothing. Every one of those stupid Pokémon refused to stay in their damn ball! None of them knew their place!

So he had called the Old Man to ask for money to go to the Safari Zone, but that stupid old professor had refused! Told him to focus on 'training the team he had' and 'working on his technique'. Bah! He had lost so many times because the Pokémon he was saddled with were useless, not him!

So he had gone to the Load Sharks of the Region, knowing if he caught some useful Pokémon he could win a bunch of battles and be swimming in money!...Except he didn't catch anything...again...and was now several thousand Poke in debt to the Loan Shark group.

Finally getting out of the Village, Gary collapsed to the ground. He needed to find some trainers to beat and fast. But who? Looking around, Gary saw a group of Pre-School trainers with their little baby Pokémon. Easy enough...right?