Part 23: Ash savior of a baby Lapras

-Ash: No, you don't need a dramatic title EVERY transition-

"There we go Mr. Ketchum." The local Nurse joy smiled as she finished entering his information into a computer system, "You're all registered to attempt the Orange Crew Challenge. I wish you luck and hope to see you in a championship battle."

"Thanks!" Ash smiled as he waved to the nurse Joy, walking down to the beach to just use one of his Pokémon to get to his first Island Challenge on Mikan Island. Down at the Beach, Ash saw a group of three trainers beating up a baby Lapras with a bunch of sticks. "Hey, assholes!" Ash digivolves into Angry Ash! "Pick on someone your own size!"

"Beat it twerp!" one of the thugs scoffed, "This here is our Lapras and we can do whatever we want with it! We're gonna use it to beat da Orange Crew!"

"Lapras, attack!" Ash sent out his own shiny Lapras who began beating the thugs mercilessly, having been trained to become a devastating psychic warrior when Ash and the girls took a side trip and met Santa Clause and save Christmas, the Lapras of the North Pole having mentored Ash's own while that was where Ash caught his Shiny Jynx. Once the thugs were encased in a block of ice and being carried away to the Officer Jenny station, Ash turned to the baby Lapras.

"Lap, Lap Lapras?" He asked, having picked up Pokéspeach from his team and his girlfriends.

"Lapras! Lapras Lap!" the baby Lapras cried miserably.

"What? An evil pirate named Captain Crook attacked your herd and separated you from your mother? That's despicable! Let's go beat him up! Come on little Lapras!" Ash reached into his bag and brought out more of his water Pokémon, having decided to carry five water types and Pikachu for this leg of his journey. "Blastoise, Gyarados, Golduck, Kabutops!" he calls out as the massive shinnies all appear and start nuzzling him for attention. "Love you guys too. But we have work to do! Pirates attacked this little baby lapras' herd and separated her from her mother!"

At that there were now five angry Pokémon shooting out into the ocean while a confused officer Jenny watched from the beach, having come to oversee the transfer of the frozen thugs. Shortly the sound of panicked screaming reached the shores as his Pokémon drug the pirates back to the island, ship and all, with the Lapras herd swimming behind.

"I surrender!" the captain sobbed, throwing himself at Officer Jenny and grabbing her legs, "Take me to jail! Just keep those monsters away from me!"

"Us too!" the rest of the crew all cried as they pleaded to be arrested.

"Well, my work here is done." Ash smiled happily as he dusted his hands off, "By baby lapras, by lapras herd." Jumped onto Gyarados with the girls, Ash and his team zoomed away, Pikachu leading alongside their ride as the tiny electric rodent surfed happily.