Part 28: Gary the loser

-Gary: Legit answer, the universe needs someone to laugh at-

Wide eyed and frustrated, Gary finally entered the Saffron city Gym after having been in the city for a week. First he had gotten lost, not his fault, then he had gotten arrested by that stupid cop, not his fault, and then he got arrested again!...Also not his fault. But now he was finally here and ready to win.

Barging past some weirdo holding a spoon, Gary let himself into the gym battle room where he saw a woman, he guessed she was the gym leader, talking to a couple of old people. "Hey!" he shouted, wanting their attention on him like it should be, rather than whatever unimportant thing they were likely talking about, "The Name's Gary Oak! I'm here for my gym battle!"

"I've heard of you." Sabrina rolled her eyes even as they flashed with anger, "This will be a one on one battle. Send out your Pokémon."

"Go Dugtrio!" he sent out the ground type which just made sad noises at seeing where they were, "Suck it up and battle damnit!" he snapped at the Pokémon, his team getting more and more reluctant with each battle he sent them in.

"Go, Unknown." Sabrina called out. The moment the ref began the match Sabrina's eyes glowed as the weird Pokémon shaped like a letter let out an attack that sent Dugtrio flying and unconscious.

"T-that's cheating!" Gary protested even as the ref called the match in favor of the Gym Leader, "She didn't even order an attack!"

"I'm psychic you imbecile." Sabrina scoffed, "I don't need to speak aloud for my Pokémon to hear me. Now get out and stop bothering me." A pair of men wearing scrubs and carrying spoons forcefully escorted him from the building, ignoring his protests all the while.