Part 39: A Parasect Defeat

-Ash, the man who can swan dive into shit and come out covered in diamonds, roses, and roses made of diamonds-

"Welcome back Kanto fans!" the announcer shouted lout while the crowd cheered, "Are you ready to watch our very own Shiny King battle again?!" the crowd screaming loud enough to be heard in Johto was a pretty good indicator of the answer to said question being 'yes'. "That's what I thought! Today, our masterful monarch of meticulously shiny Pokémon is going to be fighting in the ice field! His opponent is an excellent trainer, Pete of Cerulean city!"

"That crowd'll be mine soon when I take your crown 'shiny king'!" Pete declared, before throwing his head back and giving a deep belly laugh before looking around to see what the audience's response to his declaration.

Kricketot...Kricketot...Kricketot.

"Trainer's, send out your Pokémon." The unimpressed referee ordered.

Pete pulled a pokeball from his belt and struck a pose, "Behold my starter pokemon's amazing power! Their unstoppable fury! Their unquenchable thirst for victory! Their stupendous, magnificent, unyielding, unstoppable...wait did I already use that one?"

"GET ON WITH IT!" the crowd shouted at once.

"GO DRAGONITE!" Pete sent out the giant orange dragon who let out a roar, flexing and posing and trying to look all spooky scary.

"Go Parasect!" Ash declared as he sent out his happy mushroom bug who scuttled over and waved at Dragonite, offering a claw to shake.

"That's it?" Pete laughed, "That's all the great 'shiny king' has to offer? This will be a piece of-"

"Dragonite is unable to battle, Parasect is the winner!" the ref declared, interrupting Pete's monologue while the dragon lay on its back, tongue sticking out while Parasect kept poking it.

"Sect?" Parasect looked back as if to ask, 'dats it?'

"Trainer Pete, send out your second Pokémon."

"Go Cloyster! Avenge your fallen leader! Right this dreadful wrong! Best this insignificant-"

"Cloyster is unable to battle, Parasect is the winner!"

"Son of a!" Pete stomped his feet in an angry tantrum.

"Trainer Pete, send out your final Pokémon." The referee ordered.

"Arcanine! Avenge our team! Go forth you might beast of destruct-"

"Arcanine is unable to battle, Ash Ketchum and Parasect are the winners!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Pete fell to his knees and screamed to the heavens.

"Parasect, you were awesome buddy!" Ash happily ran onto the ice field to hug his happy little bug buddy.

"Sect, sect, Parasect!"