Part 27: The Shiny God gets his 2nd Badge in the orange league

-Ash: He doesn't do push ups, he pushes the earth down-

"Man, this view is great!" Ash grinned as he continued to climb up the mountain he was on. He and the girls had gotten to Navel Island and he was climbing up a mountain with another trainer, Danny, to get his Sea-Ruby Badge. The girls, dressed as sexy backpackers, were riding up in a cable car. "How you doin' Danny?" he called down to the other trainer who was still far bellow him on the climb.

"Doing...good..." the man wheezed, having tired to keep up with Ash but got tired out quickly. Shrugging, Ash kept going, soon reaching the top only to see nobody there.

"What the?" he looked around in confusion only to see a sign that listed the rules for the challenge and had a photo identifying Danny as the gym leader. "Really dude? Really?!" Ash groaned before climbing back down the mountain, grabbing Danny, and hurrying back up so he could get to his battle.

"...Well...that was emasculating." Danny groaned, "Alright Ash, this is a best two out of three challenge. The first contest is that there are a pair of geysers that always erupt at the same time. We're going to each pick a Pokémon to use an ice attack to freeze that geyser and whoever does so faster wins. The second challenge is to use that frozen pillar to have three Pokémon carve it into a sled. Finally, we race down the mountain on them. Any questions?"

"Nope, I'm good." Ash grinned, already having decided who to use.

"Alright, go Nidoqueen!" Danny sent out his Pokémon.

"Go Raticate." Ash sent out his while Danny just looked confused before shrugging.

"On your mark...get set...go!" Danny ordered as the geysers erupted.

"Ice beam!" The two shouted in tandem as the Nidoqueen went from the bottom up while Raticate's ice beam instantly flash froze the entire geyser of water.

"Um...well done Ash." Danny looked flummoxed, apparently not used to a Raticate being good with Ice beam. "Next use that schematic there to carve your sled. You can use three Pokémon."

"I'll just use Raticate." Ash kept the smile up still as Danny just shrugged and sent out his three. As soon as the signal to begin was called, Ash had Raticate use flame wheel, the little Pokémon spinning around like a sonic blur as it rushed about melting the ice. "Done." Ash grinned, Danny's Pokémon barely having had time to move. "That means I win the badge right?"

"Y...yeah." Danny handed it over and then went to sulk in a corner after his beating.

"Sweet!" Ash got into his new ice sled and pulled the girls in too after returning Raticate, "Come on, let's get going. Weeeeeeeeeee!" they zoomed away where Ash got to enjoy the view from behind the girls as they had their bouncy ride down the mountain.